[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>order nachos at a popular place >the top few chips are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-Nachos-cheese.jpg (316KB, 1200x1805px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Nachos-cheese.jpg
316KB, 1200x1805px
>order nachos at a popular place
>the top few chips are completely coated in most of the toppings

>order nachos at small mexican place
>several layers of toppings inbetween all the nachos

why is this
>>
>order nachos at a competent restaurant

>the chips and the dip are separate so you can dip at your leisure with as much or as little as you want, and they dont get soggy

was that so hard?
>>
>>9290361
Gay
>>
>>9290356
>>9290361
>Ordering nachos at all.
If you're going out to eat why order a mediocre dish you could easily assemble in your own kitchen?
>>
>>9290367
>doing things the right way is gay
>>
>>9290361

>dip

what place gives you asada beef, sour creme, onions, sauce, guac, ect... all seperage
>>
>>9290356
I think you mean
>>order nachos at small mexican place
>>They layer the tortilla chips with plastic cheese, a bunch of sour creme and a huge, disgusting bed if dry shredded iceberg lettuce
>>
>>9290356
I live in a part of Brooklyn with a rarely dense Mexican population. From most restaurants, the meat-stew tacos, tamales, huaraches etc are awesome.

And then the nachos are baffling. They come 8 chips per order ($6ish), and each chip has a scientifically portioned layer of refried beans, cheese, exactly one jalapeno slice, and then whatever else you ordered, rationed out.
Any insight on this practice, besides "don't order nachos from an actual Mexican restaurant?"
>>
>>9290361
t. never had goof nachos.

The best nachos are the kind that have to be eaten witu a fork.
>>
>>9290420
>Any insight on this practice, besides "don't order nachos from an actual Mexican restaurant?"
Nachos is not a Mexican dish. It's an American dish based on Mexican ingredients. If the place is run by Mexicans they'll have all the ingredients to make it, but not necessarily a clear idea of what it's supposed to be.
>>
>>9290420
Never even seen this before. I get them from Mexican places in California and Sonora all the time and they're always a great messy pile of cheese meat and other shit.
>>
>>9290420

there is 1 mexican place by me that offers a shit ton of nachoes and dips for very cheap

its literally one of those big square white styrofoam take out things filled with chips and toppings

the only big difference is between the 2 cooks they have on whether the chips are soggy or not

even if they're soggy its still good to eat with a fork

they also do asada fries which is a TON of fries covered in topping
>>
>>9290420

Never seen this, but then again I have never ordered nachos outside Mexico. My favorite are the places that give you several layers of carne al pastor.
>>
File: nachos_especiales.jpg (28KB, 240x175px) Image search: [Google]
nachos_especiales.jpg
28KB, 240x175px
>>9290488
>>
>>9290453

Nachos are a Mexican dish from Coahuila.
>>
>>9290500

Nachos originated in the city of Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico, just over the border from Eagle Pass, Texas.[3][4] In 1943, the wives of U.S. soldiers stationed at Fort Duncan in nearby Eagle Pass were in Piedras Negras on a shopping trip, and arrived at the restaurant after it had already closed for the day. The maître d'hôtel, Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya, invented a new snack for them with what little he had available in the kitchen: tortillas and cheese. Anaya cut the tortillas into triangles, fried them, added shredded cheddar cheese, quickly heated them, added sliced pickled jalapeño peppers,[Note 1] and served them.

When asked what the dish was called, he answered, "Nacho's especiales". As word of the dish traveled, the apostrophe was lost, and Nacho's "specials" became "special nachos".[5]
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.