[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't stevia overtaken sucralose and sugar yet? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
Why hasn't stevia overtaken sucralose and sugar yet? It's an organic sweetener, what's not to like about it
>>
I don't know, sucralose is the absolute worst tasting sweetener on the market.
>>
>>9284982
a lot of stevia products have waaay too much stevia in them and an xtreme aftertaste, and i think that gives people a bad first impression.
>>
It tastes like bitter asshole.
>>
File: dog-chart.jpg (164KB, 1440x937px) Image search: [Google]
dog-chart.jpg
164KB, 1440x937px
>>9284982
It's sweetness to content ration is inferior to both granular sugar and sucralose, meaning you need to use about double the volume for the same sweetness you'd get from the other alternatives.

I actually like it, but it's kinda pricey where I am. I can get a jar of organic orange blossom honey for less money. If the market drives the price down I might use it more.
>>
>>9284982
tastes bitter
>>
Because people who like sweet things are infantile and stupid generally. Don't expect forward thinking from that demographic.
>>
File: 1454861924359.gif (295KB, 512x409px) Image search: [Google]
1454861924359.gif
295KB, 512x409px
>>9285064
Eh, that's not really an argument. Sweet ingredients are used to cut into bitterness, like in a pasta sauce. Things like sugar are not always used to make something sweet, but simply balanced.
>>
>>9285075
In such small quantities sugar is perfectly fine to use and doesn't need replacement. It's only with pathological sugar use that alternatives are needed in the first place.

If you use the right tomatoes pasta sauce doesn't need sugar though.
>>
>>9285086
I wasn't advocating stevia, just saying that sweeteners are needed for cooking. Just, like, re-read my post.
>>
>>9285106
Well if you would have read my initial post I didn't say sweeteners are bad, I said people who like sweet things are generally infantile and stupid.

If people would just put a dash of sugar in a pasta sauce and not drink soda everything would be alright.
>>
>>9285004
you must have autism

it’s the complete opposite. one cup of sugar is about 6 tbsp of stevia.
>>
>>9285520
I don't, and while stevia has other perks that you don't get with sugar or fake sugars, you gotta fucking lay it on in a coffee or tea to get a proper sweetness. That fucking false flag shit on google and similar retarded websites is complete bullshit.

Try baking with it and get back to me. Go ahead, make some cupcakes.
>>
>>9285559
Why would anyone want their cupcakes to taste like asshole though
>>
>>9285783
>he doesn't eat ass
Virgin.
>>
>>9285004
>the fucking cat
>>
gives me nuclear diarrhea
>>
File: download (8).jpg (13KB, 182x277px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
13KB, 182x277px
Monkfruit sweetener is far superior, it actual tastes sweet instead of a weird bitter-metallic empty flavor like stevia.
>>
>>9285334

Blaming people for reacting as their physiology dictates to biological superstimuli that we could not have ever possible evolved to deal with properly- unlimited access to pure sugar where before at the most humans would have occasionally had honey, for example- seems infantile and stupid.
>>
I've experimented with stevia extract, it really has a weird aftertaste.

It's not quite so bad if you add some actual sugar in the mix. Been eating a lot of oatmeal with stevia and some fruit.
>>
why do you guys hate on sugar so much when most things you can buy out there are fucking loaded with it

its popular for a reason, and if you keep within the limits of how much adults are supposed to have its fine and tastes good
>>
>>9286178
would you rather have one thing with 10g sugar or 5 things with 2g sugar each?
>>
Stevia isn't so good.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-stevia-good-for-you/

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/a-harmless-artificial-sweetener/

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-healthiest-sweetener/
>>
Call me old fashioned, but I just eat fruit. I enjoy the texture dates add to stuff. It's how I sweeten my cocoa drink that has theobromine to help me study. Works much better than caffeine which just makes me be wrong faster.
>>
>>9286118
Well if you want to call on biological determinism you can't blame anyone for anything. Which is a legitimate position if you can muster the cold rationality to apply it to child rapists and such, but that doesn't mean that people who are helpless in the face of sweet stuff aren't generally dummies who never developed adequate impulse control.
>>
>>9286189

Not an applicable question considering most things I see in stores around here are just packed with sugar. Your hypothetical involves a very low amount, reality is different here. I just don't get how you guys can even reduce your intake that much.
>>
>>9286266
Cutting out soda and twinkies is a good start, but I can see how that might be difficult in flyoverland.
>>
>>9286360

I live in Canada. No twinkies for me, soda I have quite rarely.
>>
File: Vachon-Jos-Louis-04.jpg (123KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
Vachon-Jos-Louis-04.jpg
123KB, 650x434px
>>9286591
>canada
This changes nothing.
>>
>>9286603

Yeah, we have those here, but you don't understand. The average food and drink here is loaded with sugar, your hypothetical you gave to me earlier is too tame.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.