[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at likely the most over priced chocolate store in existence.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: godiva-header-641x361.jpg (30KB, 641x361px) Image search: [Google]
godiva-header-641x361.jpg
30KB, 641x361px
I work at likely the most over priced chocolate store in existence.
Ask me anything, /ck/
>>
File: 1497545092886.jpg (462KB, 1143x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1497545092886.jpg
462KB, 1143x1010px
>>9279613
List some prices op.

Who is your "typical" customer?
>>
>>9279620
Soft serve is $6 for a 6oz cup or cone with various flavors.
Chocolixirs is our version of a frappe at $6.
We have "mix and match" sale of hand dipped items like bark and macaroons where it's 2 for $22 or 3 for $30.
A single truffle from our case is like $2 each on a scale.

Typical customers are either asian tourists from China, Taiwan, Japan, etc. But domestically it's like middle to upper middle class white and hispanic people. Rarely any black customers.

A typical customer is some rather rich woman who's either coming in for her monthly free truffle piece. She either has a kid or with her husband who doesn't really give a shit but supplies the money
>>
>>9279629
This met my expectations

What city?
>>
>>9279638
I'd rather be vague. But west coast region of the US.
>>
>>9279613
what does chocolate have to do with a woman that threw a tantrum at her husband by going outside naked?
>>
>>9279689
It's something to do with her boldness and passion. That somehow translates to chocolates, I dunno.
>>
>>9279613
What is the most amount of chocolate you have stolen from work?
Do they track stock closely?
>>
>>9279721
I bring home a ton of stuff after work. It's not stolen, although there are bag checks when you leave which makes no sense. Stuff either damages out like a ripped label or is set to expire the next day. Tracked stock like individual truffle pieces aren't really tracked that much since we give away a lot of it for free so it's hard to keep track of how many we have of what. But things like boxed stuff has a close eye on.

I get free chocolate dipped berries, soft serve, chocolate bars, bagged bark, and whatnot almost every single shift.
>>
>>9279646
Ghirardeli.

You work for Ghirardeli and if not them, Scharfenberger.
>>
>>9279730
Did you put on weight after starting work there?

Are your customers mainly fat people, or evil yuppies?
>>
>>9279743
I actually haven't gained a pound since I joined there. If anything I lost 4lbs since the last time I checked. My diet is pretty balanced, so I don't live off this entirely.

Some of them are evil yuppies, most are actually very nice people who just like a small sugar fix. We do get a fair share of families with kids that come in and it's a nightmare because one the kids don't know shit about what they want, and two it's expensive on the parent's behalf so they shoot down any suggestion from a kid.

Hardly any fat people, to be honest. Most overweight people avoid us, believe it or not. We do get the occasional land whale, but they're generally very nice.
>>
>>9279759
Most ham planets go for lowest cost for highest sugar/fat content, they avoid expensive specialty stores unless the specialty is something deep fried.

>>9279730
Do you make your own desserts using those free items or just give them away to friends etc?
I would be making mega desserts if I had access to that.
>>
>>9279807
Stuff like the Oreo Bark is usually enough by itself. As with most items I take home. However pairing the strawberries with ice cream at home is a good combo. If I wanted to I could put dipped strawberries in the fridge to mix with protein shakes.
>>
>>9279821
1. What's your favorite kind of chocolate(s)?
2. Has working there changed your opinions on chocolates?
3. Have you ever thought about adding some chocolate to savory dishes like pasta, roasted veggies, etc?

>>9279629
>Chocolixirs is our version of a frappe at $6.
https://www.popsugar.com/food/Godiva-Frozen-Chocolixir-Drinks-43806214
>Not that you need to know this info, but apparently the drinks are only 300-400 calories each, making this decadence all the more enticing.
>only 300-400 calories each
>only
WE AIN'T NEVER GONNA MAKE IT.
>>
>>9279881
I was more of a milk chocolate person before joining but lately I've been steered mostly towards darker chocolates. I like the less sweet and sometimes bitterness of it. I started out not really knowing a whole lot but there was a class I had to take as a shift where I just sampled chocolates and mixed various scents and flavors into my palette to see how the flavor changes.

I learned that most people eat chocolate wrong. You're supposed to let it melt on your tongue and then press it to the roof of your mouth. Am I gonna do that with M&Ms? No, but with individual truffles and whatnot, sure.

As for adding it in to other dishes I'd make. Nah. I enjoy chocolate more as a standalone flavor than a mixed ingredient. I'll pair it with a wine or something like that.

Get this. Chocolixirs are marketed as the "healthier" alternative than our older drinks called the truffleatas.
>>
>>9279900
>I was more of a milk chocolate person before joining but lately I've been steered mostly towards darker chocolates. I like the less sweet and sometimes bitterness of it.
I agree, they all have different uses but dark is just more complex and versatile. I also don't think the prices in >>9279629 are honestly all THAT bad considering the base cost of in ingredients. Actual good quality chocolate and diary are up there with meat and nuts in $/oz plus labor, overhead, & profit. The only part that's a ripoff is sugar and it's various other incarnations (maltose, dextrose, HFCS, etc) which is why I don't buy cheap semi-sweet or milk varieties anymore.

>I learned that most people eat chocolate wrong. You're supposed to let it melt on your tongue and then press it to the roof of your mouth. Am I gonna do that with M&Ms? No, but with individual truffles and whatnot, sure.
I need to remember to do this more often. The same principle probably applies to other rich deserts like a ganache tart as well, since it's basically a giant truffle on a shortbread or graham cracker crust.

>Get this. Chocolixirs are marketed as the "healthier" alternative than our older drinks called the truffleatas.
https://www.nutritionaction.com/daily/calories-in-food/high-calorie-fast-food-drinks/
>When you’re done sipping your 12 oz. Trufflelata, you’ll need to find a home for 1,130 calories plus 27 grams of saturated fat (more than a day’s worth), 720 milligrams of sodium (about half a day’s supply), and 30 teaspoons of sugar (nearly all of it added).
Dear God, I mean they're not explicitly wrong in their marketing but..

Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>9279733
Huh? In OP, they said Godiva. They work for one of the many retail locations of Godiva.
>>
>>9279638
He's in Los Angeles. Godiva stores that attract Asian tourists don't exist elsewhere. I'd suspect specifically the Glendale Galleria, given the denomination of minorities that flock there.
>>
>>9279613
Why should we care?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.