[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be steaming some of these mother fuckers soon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I'm going to be steaming some of these mother fuckers soon. Have a steamer to do this so the sprouts won't be in the water (will be using chicken broth probs). Would adding any grease or oil whatsoever affect the cooking process? I'm thinking the oil ain't gonna do shit.
>>
addendum: adding oil or grease to the heated broth
>>
File: flavortown.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
flavortown.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>9275485
Mmm, yeah. Do you plan on eating the shit out of those motherfuckers, too?
>>
No sir it would not. I'm not even sure if the broth will really add and flavor to the little babies. You should try a batch with water and a batch with broth.
>>
>>9275485
I'd roast em with a little bacon grease and basalmic rather than steam em.
>>
>>9275537
Well the reason I'm going to be steaming them is I'm experimenting with some toppings. I had the fortunate enough experience to butcher a fawn. I'm going to be briefly sauteeing the venison and finish cooking by steaming it while ON the brusselsprouts while being wrapped in bacon. The bacon is the source of the grease.

I'll be frying the bacon, then sauteeing the venison in garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, and rosemary. The pan would be deglazed with lemon juice adding it to the broth.
>>
>>9275537
if you were to roast them, what temperature would you use? would you put them on a grill atop a baking dish and brush them with the oil-balsamic mixture?
>>
>>9275485
>Steaming.
Enjoy the smell of ass all over your house.
>>
>>9275486
the heated chicken broth is literally added oil and grease, you'll be fine
>>
>>9275907
Oven roasted is what he meant. I would blanch them (or steam) until barely tender, like 80% of the way done. then bake at 450 until caramelized and delicious
>>
>>9275966
But ovens vary. You may have to go hotter if its electric. The point is to cook the shit outta the outside without overcooking the inside, like a rare steak. But dont burn the sugars in that vinegar....
>>
>>9275485
It's better if you fry them with some salt and pepper.
>>
>>9275969
>>9275966
I've literally never prepared brussel sprouts before, How do you even make sure they're completely washed... or completely cooked.... how long do you blanche them? Ill be stuck with an electric stove and probs oven too
>>
>>9276087
Take off outer layer. Cut of the hard chunk at the end and cut a little cross in there so they dont take a billion years to cook.
Put them into a pot with hot water, add salt. Cook until a fork can sink in there with some ease but don't turn them into mush.
>>
Brussel sprouts are disgusting when overcooked, so steaming is harder to do than roasting in the oven.
>>
OP here and some great advice /ck/. I've decided to partially steam and finish roasting since I'll be adding tomato and cheese as toppings. They'll be stuck in the sprouts through the venison with a toothpick
>>
>>9277892
A better method is to chop the stump first, the outer layer then falls off anyway. I like to cut em in half at this point. They get washed in the boiling water, its safe.just make sure the pot is at rolling boil before you dunk them in, or they will turn brown like canned green beans
>>
>>9275914
And the sweet taste of ass too.
>>
>>9277892
>>9278240
so at the roasting stage, to check if they're done can i try to cut one open or try to eat one?

also, how long can they last after being roasted? I'm going to be doing weekly meal prep, will they last the week if i prep they sunday? can they be frozen after cooked and come back ok?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.