[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I want to get into wok stir frying. How do I make the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Muhstirfry.jpg (1MB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Muhstirfry.jpg
1MB, 1728x1152px
Ok so I want to get into wok stir frying. How do I make the most autistically perfect stir fry?
>>
>>9275324
It has to come with some sort of rice or noodle.
>>
>>9275332
I'm doing low-carb. The issue for me is that I seem to produce too many carcinogens due to garlic, onions and sauces just burning up due to the high heat.
>>
>>9275324
>use a shitton of frying oil
>get it really hot
>throw a bunch of veggies and protien into a wok
>add in whatever sauces you want, usually soy sauce, oyster sauce and hot sauce of some kind
Stir fry is literally the easiest thing to make ever. The key is having all the ingredients chopped up and ready to throw in the wok.
>>
>>9275351
That much I could infer from my other cooking. The question is when to add what? How do I REALLY milk this shit for awesome?
>>
Put your weeb anime pillow wife in the room to watch you and make sure you don't make any mistakes
>>
>>9275356
Stir frying is like stone soup, but with frying. Just throw shit with lots of sesame oil and heat in don't over cook it and add something like that Korean sauce and you're good to go.
>>
>>9275356
In my experience, it's best to separate out your meats and vegetables. I was taught to always fry up the meat first before taking it out to be put aside. Add in some more oil (reuse the excess from your meat if there is any) and cook up your veg. If it is a meat+veggie dish, add in your meat a bit before the vegetables are cooked through. Add some salt, mix it up, and then you're good to go.

If you don't take the meat out and add the veg straight in while it cooks, it becomes a lot easier to overcook the meat. Then you'll be chewing on leather.

I typically prefer to marinate my protein with some salt, pepper, bean starch, oyster sauce, and soy sauce. Sometimes I add other seasoning like cumin or garlic for extra flavoring. Throw in some alcohol if the meat needs tenderizing, although limes/lemons will also work. Yogurt (or sour cream) is naturally acidic and has good fat content to increase richness and tenderness of meat, too. Mix it up and give it time to soak in. You'll know when you have to perfect mixture when there aren't any burnt bits floating around in oil when it's cooked.

And when you finally do start to fry everything up, remember to always let the oil heat up first. Heat is the key part of stir fry, and when the oil isn't hot enough, your food will be heated differently; vegetables get soft, and meat gets overcooked.
>>
>>9275455
Thanks that was what I was looking for. I wanted to use my stir fry primarily to bulk up on cruciferous veggies. The carrots and Broccoli had a really nice bite to them so I guess heat wasn't the issue.

It's just that I managed to burn some shit. I suspect the garlic.

How do I make sure the sauce doesn't evaporate?
>>
>>9275408

Sesame oil is way too strong, expensive, and delicate to use as a frying oil. It should go on after you're done cooking.
>>
>>9275516
OP here, I used clarified butter
>>
>>9275550
Butter works wonderfully in cooking because in contains glutamate, the same amino acid found in msg; it's why butter makes everything taste so good. Try using regular vegetable oil to cook up everything and add small bits of butter during the process, instead of using a clarified version.

Sesame oil, on the other hand, works more like a topical addition to your dish. It has that really distinct and strong flavor, and >>9275516 is completely right to say that sesame oil is not proper frying oil. Delicious as it is, it's best to use sparingly.

>>9275505
I've never really had a problem with sauce evaporating. The meat sort of brings the marinade into the rest of the dish when added, and the vegetables will produce enough juices when exposed to the heat that evaporation isn't really a concern unless your wok is spending too much time on the stove top. If need be, try taking your pan off the heat, stir the food a bit, then back on the heat. Repeat the process if you feel like your dish can't take that much continuous heat exposure (or just turn down the fire a bit).
>>
>>9275324
High heat. And I mean HIGH. Like you literally need a jet engine to cook restaurant-level stir fries.

Also sizes matter. When prepping the ingredients MAKE SURE they are cut to even sizes or you will end up with some more/less cooked than others.

For an usual wok fry 4 servings maximum. Too much ingredients will disperse the heat transfer.

Temps depend on the dish however usually you use hot wok and cold oil. Whatever spices doesn't come in powder form goes in first i.e. garlic, chilli and ginger etc. Ingredients that take longer to cook goes in first. Keep stirring and flipping constantly. Dependent on your cut sizes of ingredients most stir fries only take a few mins to cook. Too long and you either burn it and turn it into a stew.

t. Chinese, been cooking for 20 years
>>
File: 4m943nva4t56.jpg (1MB, 3104x2024px) Image search: [Google]
4m943nva4t56.jpg
1MB, 3104x2024px
Is there any point in using a wok on a normal stovetop? Whenever I see woks in restaurants they are sitting in 8 inch high flames.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.