[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Culinary student >Can't cook, can't bake, just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1492129850929.jpg (55KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1492129850929.jpg
55KB, 461x523px
>Culinary student
>Can't cook, can't bake, just good at managing and writing
I had my midterm a month ago and I made ragu. Somehow, I burned the sauce.

How do I learn cooking, /ck/?
>>
Pick a new major/career.
>>
>>9263947
This

Taught myself how to cook from watching and reading shit on TV & the internet. If you can'T even do that you are one lazy motherfucker and you will flunk out anyway.
>>
Why on earth would you decide to be a culinary student if you weren't already at least decent as a home cook? This might not be your line of work.
>>
>>9263947
>change major
I'm too scared to bring it up with my parents. I'm on a govt. grant so I'm not sure what's the SOP here. I really gotta look into the details later.

>>9263963
>lazy fuck
I grew up with junk food and had take-outs for lunch. The will to cook was just never in me. I don't see cooking as a necessary skill since I lived off of ready-made foods.

>>9263966
>why culinary arts
I have to admit I was a shitty student and I couldn't get accepted into my preferred programs, thought this was my ticket to have a high paying job with little to no effort. I fucked up and now I'm paying for it.
>>
>>9263978
your parents will forgive you as long as you don't do it again and again. Unless they are cunts.
>>
>>9264044
I did the math, I'll have to pay RM3000 for the past 2sems if I'm getting out. Guess there's no easy way out of this, huh?

Just gotta pull it through for the next 2 years.
>>
easy enough solution, throw in some business classes, and combine the two to become a restauranteur. Say your passion is selling food, but not the manufacturing of it. Or date someone who can teach you to cook, beg if you have to.
>>
>>9264110
I guess I could make that work. Always been a second-in-command kinda guy, maybe with a partner I can make it work.

Thanks, man. I'm going out for a ciggy and a drink, rethinking what I've been doing the past few years till I got to this point.

I just have to get through this. Convince myself, I can do this.

:)
>>
>>9263978
>this was my ticket to have a high paying job with little to no effort
Ihave never worked in a professional kitchen myself, but every cook will tell you that working in a kitchen is one of the most stressful and most poorly paid jobs there is. There is a reason most felons can only find work in a professional kitchen after they get out of prison - those are the only workplaces who will - read: have to - accept them.
>>
>>9263942
Use thermometers

Search for and use colour charts

Practice your chopping skills

Use timers.

Follow recipes exactly.
>>
>>9264186
>why culinary arts ii
I was a delusional 16 year old who thought he could make it big and be top-tier. I had 2-4 years to read, practice, think about it but no, I didn't take my time seriously and now here I am.
>felons in kitchen
I guess I belong there then, I'm not bad but I'm not a saint myself. I myself seem to attract those kinds of people, prone to trouble and with unsavory friends.

>>9264198
Thanks, chef. Gotta do a 180 and really learn and take it seriously.
>>
>>9263942
You don't need to learn cooking from an expensive class unless you plan on working in the industry right away.. Recipes can be found online and foreign ingredients are widely availble these days.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.