[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the humble grilled cheese sandwich? Do you add anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: grilled-cheese-sandwiche.jpg (95KB, 800x481px) Image search: [Google]
grilled-cheese-sandwiche.jpg
95KB, 800x481px
Thoughts on the humble grilled cheese sandwich? Do you add anything to yours?

Thoughts on the grilled cheese.....with sliced jalapenos added?
>>
>>9262128
started using mayo instead of butter to fry my bread and haven't looked back since. lighter and crispier
>>
>>9262128
If you add anything its no longer a grilled cheese.
>>
i love it dipped in ketchup, go ahead and judge me
>>
>>9262145
I tried the mayo method and didn't like it.

It tastes off.
>>
>>9262166
it's important not to press the bread too much so the mayo doesn't soak too much into the pores of the bread. also a bit of salt may help make it taste more butter-like if you use salted butter
>>
Do Americans really eat this?
>>
grilled cheese is ultimate comfort food. The only thing I do differently is I always use white cheddar, yellow cheddar is a meme
>>
>>9262175
We sing songs about it.
>>
>>9262175
You're goddamn right we do.

And it's delicious.
>>
>>9262175
whatever country your from they have an equivalent of a grilled cheese, also if you're a brit off fuck off
>>
>>9262150
This is very autistic, but true.
>>
>>9262128
put a turkey ham slide inside you degenerates
>>
>>9262166
i tried mayo and wanted to like it, and it is def. crispier, but it has a sour off flavor for sure.
i add pickles sometimes, it's pretty good but just a sometimes thing
>>
Better in waffle maker desu
>>
Butter one side of each piece and put into pan. Take out and put cheese in between toasted sides. Butter outsides and put back into pan until done on both sides. Thank me later.
>>
>>9262203
this would make it not a grillled cheese, so good try better luck next time
>>
File: frying onions 2.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
frying onions 2.gif
2MB, 400x300px
When I have leftover oil from making crispy onions, that's the best thing to fry sandwiches in.
>>
>>9262128
when i wuz a young niglett, I wuz approached by dis bitch in daycare while smashin muh grilled cheese sammich.
she said "put some syrup on dat shit muh nigga"
my life has not been the same since
>>
>>9262145
This is a thing you can do but it in no ways makes it better and most people agree its worse.

Anyway grilled cheese simply needs seasoning like oregano. I used to put in bacon but its more work than its worth and I'd rather just have a BLT if I'm putting in the work of cooking bacon as well
>>
>>9262128
Grilled cheese with sharp cheddar and cauliflower bread with mayo on the bottom side and butter on the top side is the shit
>>
A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). This entire thread consist of "melts". Almost every "grilled cheese" sandwich i see on here has other items added to it. The fact that this thread is called "grilledcheese" is nothing short of utter blasphemy. Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese. I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, make your own thread entitled "melts" because that is not a fucking grilled cheese. I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them. Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. Shit, I stopped lurking after 3 years and commented for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" all over 4chan and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this thread this morning I finally snapped. Hell, I may even start my own thread just because I know this one exists now.
Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your damn melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt.
>>
>thicc slices of sourdough
>inside: outrageous portions of cheddar and muenster
>outside: thick slathering of butter, sprinkled with truffle salt and microplaned parm
>>
>>9262658
This is thread is about grilled cheese, not pasta.
>>
>>9262128
Sauteed onions green peppers and mushrooms.
Avocado slices and bacon.
Blue cheese crumbles if you're feeling crazy.
>>
>>9262128
b a s e d
>>
>>9262152
Faggot canadian
>>
>>9262175
It's the American fucking way. Add a cup of tomato soup for dipping and a bald eagles head will shoot out you dick hole and CAWWWW you to freedom.
>>
>>9262128
I like to add tomato slices.
>>
>>9262175
What's the joke of this post? Yes, people eat melty cheese stuck between buttery, toasty bread. What's weird about that?
>>
>>9262145
Take the plunge and use bacon grease instead of butter.
>>
bacon onions tomatoes, personally. and tomato soup of course
>>
>not using a heavily buttered pan with mayo on the bread itself

Best of both worlds.
>>
>>9262128
It must be made with cheddar or American Kraft Singles Cheese TM anything else is fucking heresy.
>>
>>9262128
drizzle some hotsauce of your choosing onto the bread before you fry it
>>
>>9262175
yes, and britbongs eat regular, un-fried bread with baked beans on top of it
>>
>>9263273
Hot mayo?
fucking disgusting.
>>
>>9262128

After melting butter in the pan, I'll usually spice the butter with some cayenne or paprika and garlic powder. Sometimes I'll add tomatoes.

Also, the literal best bread in the entire world to make grilled cheese on is Panera's tomato basil bread. Goddamn.
>>
>>9263275
fuck off, mom
i'll buy a loaf of wonder bread and a stack of kraft singles and pig out once a year but fancy ass grilled cheese on nice bread with muenster has its place too
>>
>>9262145
That sounds horrifying. You're just tasting the mayo and deciding it tastes better.
>>
>>9262128
Poverty food that should almost never be eaten.
>>
I add a few squirts of wuchesta source
>>
>>9262128
Looks fried not grilled.
>>
>>9262145
This man is a communist infiltrator.
Absolutely do nothing of the sort.
I fell for this once,
once.
>>
>>9263535
I was going to post this so I'll just say this
>>
>>9265720
thank you
>>
>>9262175

I live in an international dorm and almost everyone at some point made toast with cheese on it at some point, which is just grilled cheese without butter and an extra piece of bread
>>
>>9265945
>international dorm

Heretic.
>>
File: die_by_rapc-d4gukgj.png (279KB, 900x978px) Image search: [Google]
die_by_rapc-d4gukgj.png
279KB, 900x978px
>>9263520
>>
>sautée shallots and garlic in sesame oil, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce
>fry and egg
>Throw it all in a grilled cheese

Was decent
>>
>>9262179
>ultimate comfort food
Fattest thing I've read all day.
>>
>>9262128
I add meat. Either ham or leftovers from the fridge.
>>
File: IMG_4344-480square.jpg (102KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4344-480square.jpg
102KB, 480x480px
Green chile is the only other ingredient needed on a grilled cheese.
>>
>>9262128
Jesus Christ Favreau, it's just a grilled cheese.
>>
>>9262152
That's what tomato soup is for.
>>
File: toast_2581811b.jpg (47KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
toast_2581811b.jpg
47KB, 620x387px
OUT OF THE WAY, COLONIAL WRETCH.
>>
I "butter" the bread with mayo
I use real cheese, not kraft singles
sometimes I add basil and butter
sometimes I add meat
>>
pepperjack cheese best grilled cheese
>>
>>9262670
I wouldn't go as far as truffle salt, but coating the outside with Parmesan and just enough butter to keep it stuck on long enough to fuse into a crisp shell is good. Sometimes, a little hot mustard on the inside.
>>
File: 6113.jpg (24KB, 498x320px) Image search: [Google]
6113.jpg
24KB, 498x320px
>>9262175
>dreadfully half assed bait
>still tons of replies
>>
File: grill.jpg (155KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
grill.jpg
155KB, 1200x1200px
>>9262128
I usually add one or more of these:

>ham
>sambal
>lettuce
>tomato
>chives
>>
>>9262197
But we have grilled cheese in Britain you cunt
>>
>>9267844
>bait
For what purpose?
>>
I like to put whole grain mustard on the bread for a nice zip! Try it sometime!
>>
File: Open face grilled cheese.jpg (772KB, 1511x1493px) Image search: [Google]
Open face grilled cheese.jpg
772KB, 1511x1493px
>>9262658

Wrap your smile around this gorgeous open face grilled cheese motherfucker.
>>
File: 41izv2uEJgL.jpg (19KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
41izv2uEJgL.jpg
19KB, 300x350px
>>9262128
Thin sliced spicy pickle in the middle
>>
>>9267599
also, I put onions in the sandwich while the cheese is melting so the onions get slightly cooked. It's fucking amazing.
>>
>>9262128
black pepper on the outside of the bread while the butter is melting so it sticks
>>
File: 9485929093823.jpg (11KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
9485929093823.jpg
11KB, 300x226px
>>9262145
>>
>>9262175
Mexicans too.
It is delicious dont be a faggot.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.