[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of food is good and bad for acne? I had a few pimples

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (13KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 512x287px
What kind of food is good and bad for acne?

I had a few pimples but ate pizza burgers fried chips and basically a lot of junk food, also to say I was a vegetarian for nearly two years but my brother convinced me to
>>
>>9260940
There isn't enough evidence either way. Go get tested for food allergies if you think certain foods are inflaming your acne.
>>
>>9260978
How I do this?
>>
>>9260994
>google
>>
>>9260978
But isn't greasy food related to having acne
>>
>>9261012
Oh dear.
>>
>>9260994
Go to your doctor and ask for an allergy test, specifically for food.
>>
>>9261014
No there is no medical consensus for that, it's thought to be genetic mostly with severe cases of acne. And stress and poor hygiene for milder cases.
>>
Drink/eat less milk products.
>>
Use like warm water when showering.
Use Dove soap or any moisture rich soap that doesn't add any fragrances.
Order a SILICON facial scrubber and use it everyone you was your face.

Finish off the regimen with a, again fragrance free, lotion containing saclylic acid. I jump between Aveeno clear complexion or good bond ultimate psoriasis relief cream.
>>
Stop being 17
>>
>>9261043
>SILICON

You capitalized it and still managed to use the wrong word.....
>>
Does any one have a skin problem like this...
Usually after I shower I get itchy on my legs and sometimes all over it gets worse if I let the steam/humidity build up in the shower.

Some soaps help and some soaps make it worse.
And usually drinking about a liter of water beforehand helps immensely. I don't go to beach's because it's guaranteed I'll spend the next hour scratching myself all over.
>>
>>9261027
Eating food with more cholesterol provides the basis for testosterone hormome which contributes to acne.

>>9261043
Add to this anon.
Warm water opens pores, finish with cold water. Antibacterial soap can help with redness caused by bacterial inflammation.
Change shirts before bed, wash sheets often, pillowcases especially. Don't touch face, shampoo regularly to keep hair oil clogging face pores.

I mean this is basic stuff but you don't seem accutane-tier
>>
>>9261049
No, rubbing your face with computer chips is proven to be beneficial for treatment of acne, syphilis, and eczema.
>>
>>9261069
I use my silicon dildos instead, will that work?
>>
>>9261064
Sounds like eczema.
>>9261068
I agree that excess testosterone can increase the production of sebum and therefore acne. But dietary cholesterol won't increase testosterone levels by any significant amount.
>>
File: pizza face anon.jpg (114KB, 750x901px) Image search: [Google]
pizza face anon.jpg
114KB, 750x901px
>>9261049
I apologize. I was on my phone posting and the Samsung keyboard autocorrect butchered my post. I'll try again.

>Wash with luke warm water. Always.
>Use a fragrance-free, moisture rich soap like Dove.
>Silicone facial scrubbers are good for exfoliating. Use it in conjunction with the soap every time you wash.
>Finish up with Aveeno Clear Complexion or Gold Bond psoriasis lotion.
>>
>>9261082
I don't have rashes. And it only turns red after the scratching.
>>
>>9260940

Acne has nothing to do with diet, it's a mix of you having poor hygiene, not changing your bed sheets and pillow covers often, poor skin and shitty genes.
>>
>>9261115
There's different types of acne, retard. Processed food and dairy are bad in most cases.
>>
>>9261110
Get it checked out but you could just have mild eczema.
>>
>>9261115
This is bullshit it has a lot to do if op has an allergy also some doctors made a study with some tribes from Amazon they moved them to the west and they developed acne it is what people eat back in the day almost no one had acne look at old pictures and go try find a teen with a pimple
>>
>>9261133
>>9261149
Show me studies faggots I can easily say that it has nothing to do with cholesterol or fats and everything to do with refined sugars.
>>
>>9261149

>a study with some tribes from Amazon they moved them to the west and they developed acne
Yes I am sure the only variable is the diet, not hygiene, bedding, climate and so on.
>>
>>9261149
People didn't paint ugly fuckers and photos were for the rich. There are manuscripts with cartoons of people with acne.
>>
i've been a teen girl before so listen i'm a pro
literally everything you ate results in acne
junk food and and everything that contains alot of lipids causes acne
also a respectful amount of chocolate
>>
>>9261115
Bullshit. Whenever I ear mcdonalds I break out. Diet affects/can influencd acne for sure.
>>
>>9261216

>Whenever I ear mcdonalds I break out.
Go to the doctors since your liver doesn't function properly.
>>
>>9261014
I think the only real correlation between greasy food and acne is that touching your face with greasy hands can cause acne
>>
>>9260940
You might be lactose intolerant
Iv had great skin since the entire time I was vegan despite eating a lot of greasy food I think it's cheese that causes a lot of acne cos iv been eating cheese again lately and I'm starting to get spots again like before I was vegan (I'm also lactose intolerant so obviously all this pizza iv been eating is gonna cause skin issues
>>
>>9261231
Touching your face at any time except for right after you wash your hands will probably cause acne. Hands get dirty very quickly.

>>9261292
I thought the same thing with my skin problems but it was actually fruit causing it, which nobody ever really mentioned could be the cause. It's different for everybody but if it's a food allergy you just need to try and see what works if you don't get a medical test done.

Be aware that if you stop drinking milk or other dairy with lactose in it for a while, it could make you lactose intolerant. If this happens, slowly add lactose-containing foods back into your diet. Have a tablespoon of milk 2 or 3 times a day, if you feel fine with that increase it to two tablespoons, and so on.

Also I recently learned that I have a sensitivity to heat which can make my skin get bad. I have to take a cold shower immediately after exercising or I get red spots that last a few days all over.
>>
>>9260940
My acne used to get worse when I ate food with lots of (refined) sugar, didn't sleep enough or used the same pillowcase for more than three days in a row. Fat or greasy food had no effect, neither did dairy products.
Also, try eating more fiber.
>>
>>9260940
It's mostly genetic. Food doesn't really matter that much.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.