[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I just add cocoa powder and red food coloring to my normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Can I just add cocoa powder and red food coloring to my normal pancake batter to make red velvet pancakes?

Also peanut butter is the best pancake topping
>>
>>9257484
Did you not read the goddamn recipe from where you got that picture?
>>
I've never had good red velvet pancakes.
>>
File: 1501527746304.png (648KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501527746304.png
648KB, 640x640px
>>9257496
Honestly no I did not just grabbed a pic off google

>>9257501
Ive never had them at all,how do they taste?
>>
red velvet cake is just fucking chocolate flavored cake with a shit ton of red food coloring and cream cheese frosting.
>>
>>9257484
don't forget the spices

without that, it's just red chocolate cake

shit needs a lot of paprika, and a decent amount of chili power

also a pinch of cayenne
>>
>>9257561
>cream cheese frosting
OP, this is the only redeeming value of red velvet cake.

Its really just cocoa, a buttermilk and soda leavened cake (which most good cakes used to be before we got cheap with mixes). So there is a cocoa flavor, and a tang. The original red used to be from being sweetened with beet juice (a way to get sugar during rationing war times). The cake was pretty much a workaround during times you had to improvise. There is another chocolate cake from the same era that is made with mayonnaise, a way to do without eggs and butter.
I really think this is the most over rated meme cupcake and how it fits into breakfast mood is stupid. Make it on a national holiday like 4th of july, or christmas, like LOL it is red! And, you'd obviously not be using a mix, but a buttermilk recipe or they would be even more gross.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.