[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I know it's possible to cook eggs (poach) in plastic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Poaching-eggs-in-cling-film.jpg (232KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Poaching-eggs-in-cling-film.jpg
232KB, 1000x800px
So I know it's possible to cook eggs (poach) in plastic wrap. But is it possible to make dumplings like this?
Like.. a steamed bun without a steamer?
>>
Why not?

It's startlingly inefficient but completely possible. Only issue is that steaming (surprisingly) promotes surface drying. This helps with stickiness on the surface.
>>
>>9257048
Not a great idea. Just get a bamboo steamer for $10 dude
>>
>>9257083

thank friend
>>
>>9257048
sous-vide ?
>>
>>9257048
>all that wasted plastic for one fucking poached egg
>>
>>9257421
and it never comes out looking like that. the egg gets all cooked and stuck to the folds of the plastic and breaks immediately when trying to remove it. most of the whites stick to the plastic, so i imagine dumplings would be the same if not worse. you're almost better using a small metal strainer and a pot.
>>
>cooking shit in a carcinogenic material
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>9257048
are people really that retarded that they can't poach an egg the normal way?
>>
>>9257868
You're supposed to use cooking spray on the plastic. Still plenty wasteful though.
>>
>>9257884

really?
>>
>>9257421
>all that wasted plastic
>literally like 2 grams
>>
>>9257048
Dumplings you'd just boil anyway. For steamed buns, you can do that with a pot, a plate that can fit inside it, and 3 similar-sized balls of aluminum foil. You'll be able to steam far fewer than with a dedicated steamer, but you can still do it.
>>
>what if we take this food out of its natural casing and put it in a plastic casing
>>
File: confusedoggo.jpg (143KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
confusedoggo.jpg
143KB, 640x480px
>>9258218

uhh... can you describe this in more detail?
The aluminum foil is for holding the plate above the water?
>>
>>9258238

b..but jamie said it's okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAWduxoCgVk
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.