[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people on /ck/ RIGHT NOW who measure every ingredient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1360257657643.jpg (33KB, 350x343px) Image search: [Google]
1360257657643.jpg
33KB, 350x343px
>there are people on /ck/ RIGHT NOW who measure every ingredient they use
>they follow recipes precisely
>they have no intuition or feeling when it comes to cooking
>they can't invent a well balanced dish without referring to 4 different websites
>mfw people ACTUALLY measure a tablespoon of oil for frying
>>
>>9254559
Everyone starts somewhere. Even if they never develop the feel for cooking, at least they're cooking instead of gagging down a McChicken, chain pizza, or frozen dinner.
>>
Those people lack experience and are still learning to cook.
Relying on intuition and experimenting with recipes as a new cook is one of the worst things you can do.
This creates Jack tier home cooks.
>>
>>9254562
>>9254569
You're meant to use recipes as a jumping off point even as a beginner so you can understand where you went wrong and how strong certain spices are. If you blindly follow a recipe you learn how to blindly follow a recipe, not how to adjust and balance flavours.
>>
>>9254574
>flavours
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>9254574
>Flavours
You're fucking british, you know fucking shit about food or cooking. Go have some beans and a baked potatoe, Nigel
>>
>>9254584
>>9254579
Why don't you respond to the point instead of getting salty over the inclusion of the letter U. Also not British
>>
>>9254574
If you never made it the right way you have nothing to compare it to.
I'm talking absolute beginner. People who have never made mac and cheese before don't need to be experimenting with adding cream cheese or nutmeg and shit.
If you think something would be good in a recipe find a well reviewed recipe containing that thing. Anything you think of 1000 people already posted their attempt online.
>>
>>9254559
if you're making something complicated or not native to your cuisine for the first time it only makes sense to follow the recipe to the letter
>>9254579
>>9254584
non-native speakers often use british english too
>>
>>9254598
>online.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>9254569
agree, you are an idiot op.
im not at this point you describe anymore, but i sure as hell was when i started cooking
you need foundation to build upon
>>
>>9254559
Depends if you are baking you cant be funking around.
>>
File: 1424557948503.jpg (104KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1424557948503.jpg
104KB, 682x600px
>>9254603
>>
>>9254574
>You're meant to use recipes as a jumping off point even as a beginner
You use them - especially as a beginner - to establish a firm foundation of knowledge regarding cooking. They teach you what flavors and ingredients pair well, what to look for and aim for when cooking certain things, and require that you practice certain technoques.

After you have built up enough know-how, you can start to experiment with the recipes, or make your own dishes. If you just fire from the hip as a beginner, you wind up with fools that add everything in the spice rack because "the flavor is more complex, which is good."
>>
>>9254559
My mom does this and every time she cooks something it tastes noticeably different from before. I wish she would measure everything butt she doesn't measure at all.
>>
>>9254599
>non-native speaker
Even worse than British.
>>
>>9254559
>there are people online who visit allrecipes.com
>>
>>9254559
>amateur homecooking general
if you're working in a kitchen you gotta know how much of everything you put in there so the customers get the same experience
what are you gonna tell your cook if you become an exec chef? "Just put a little bit of it"?
>>
>>9254579
You stopped reading at the end of the post? Me too dude.
>>
I'm into traditional foods so it's important to get the flavours down as close as I can get since there's no way for me to eat traditional dishes where I live and i'll end up being disappointed with it.
I mean, how am I supposed to know how to cook mole or enchiladas when I've never tasted them before?
I can understand why normies wouldn't understand the appeal of traditional cooking though, it's pretty autistic and definitely a waste of time.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.