[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to hide my power level and I think I need to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1491767442820.jpg (83KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1491767442820.jpg
83KB, 640x853px
I'm trying to hide my power level and I think I need to learn some basics about alcohol / mixed drinks.

What are a few brands or types of liquor that are decent but don't cost $50+ per bottle?

Also what are a few drinks that I should learn to make?
>>
>>9252195
You should just do bottom shelf if you're gonna mix it with coke or soda.
>>
Avoid plastic bottles and you should be fine.
>>
>>9252208
>>9252213

You guys are shooting too high. Like I literally don't know anything about alcohol except some names (whiskey, bourbon, rum, vodka). I've had some before but only whatever I was handed at a party or dinner and didn't bother to pay any attention to what was said about it. I need autism-tier basic knowledge
>>
What you describe are "hard liqours" or "spirits"
they are usually at around 40% alcohol (a.k.a 80 proof)

For comparison; average beer is 5% , wine is 12%

"straight" : drink it as is
"on the rocks" : just add ice
"mixed" : mix it with soda

Common mixed drinks:
-rum + coke
-whiskey + coke
-gin + tonic water
-vodka + tonic water
-vodka + ginger beer (this is non-alcoholic)
-gin + ginger beer
-tequila + margarita mixes
-vodka + Red Bull

1 part spirit + 2-3 parts of mixer is fine. Adjust to your taste.

If you need a grocery list buy a bottle of each
-vodka
-gin
-tequila
-whiskey (this has a lot of variations start with jack daniels, it's good for mixing with coke)

mixers:
-coke (regular, diet)
-sprite
-tonic water
-ginger beer (ginger ale)
-any ready mixes (margarita, mai-tai, pina colada, hurricane, old fashioned etc. girls like these type )

$10-$15 per 0.75 liter bottle is about average. Below that is plastic bottle shit tier, above is meme tier.
>>
>>9252233
Dont listen to that nig who said avoid plastic bottles, thats dumb chad logic. Pick up the cheapest vodka(not "blend of liquors vodka" read the label)and grab some tastey clear soda that you like or some cranberry and drink your feelies away. Also whiskey and coke cant go wrong
>>
>>9252195
Tequila and OJ is the GOAT combo.
>>
>>9252299
>>9252304

Yesss thank you.
>>
>>9252645
Also:
"neat" : drink it as it is, specifically at room temperature
>>
Protip: Go to a bar, see what liquor they have behind the shelf.
>>
Just buy whatever you want and mix 1/3 alcohol to 2/3 mix.
>>
>>9252654
What are some cool drinks to get at a bar when you don't really go to bars enough to know names.
>>
>>9253381
That really depends on what you like. Moscow Mules have been popular lately. Maybe you like a White Russian. Maybe you like a Tom Collins.

If you go to hip restaurants, they'll usually have some in house cocktails that have more interesting flavors than just liquor + soda, like a gin and tonic with rosemary or whatever. But most of them will be based on classic cocktails.
>>
>>9252195
evan williams
jim beam
svedka
smirnoff

for drinks I don't really know what to recommend, I normally just drink it plain and chilled/on ice, or mix with sodas I like.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.