[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do you think it would take for a noob to perfect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

How long do you think it would take for a noob to perfect 2 dollar sushi rolls?
>>
>>9252092
A day'ish. Rolling is not hard, once you get a technique down, but if that rice isn't on point it's never fun to work with.
>>
>>9253194

what rice does one need? i've only worked with basmati and arborio
>>
>>9253194
Do you need a rice cooker or can you get sushi rice in a pot?
>>
>>9253202
Short-grain or anything labeled 'sushi' rice. Rinse it to get rid of excess starch until the water it's in is clear, cook, cool, and mix in some rice vinegar for flavor. Should stick together just enough to spread with a knife.
Rice cooker helps with consistency.

Also invest in a sushi mat. Helps with rolling.
>>
>>9253221
You can cook it in a pot, but it requires quite a bit of attention and a little bit of practice. You're better off in the long term spending the 25$ on a cooker
>>
File: set-hangiri.jpg (12KB, 330x396px) Image search: [Google]
set-hangiri.jpg
12KB, 330x396px
>>9253194
Is a hangiri required to make good sushi rice?
>>
>>9252092
FOORISH FUCKING GAIJIN SUSHI IS SACLED ALT THAT REQUILES ENTILE RIFETIME OF DEDICASHUN AND TLAINING THE RICE MUST BE KEPT SPESHUL TEMPELACHUR ARWAYS AND RORRED OVAH ONE MIRRION TIMES BAKA BAKA FIRTHY WIPYPO
>>
>>9253263
It helps with cooling the rice and removing a little extra moisture while mixing, but not necessary.
>>
most important part is getting a sharp, shallow beveled knife and cold water after every pass.
>>
I made sushi today, OP, and here's my advice:

Wash your short grained rice (it has to be short grain) until the water becomes clear. It is glutinous and when you're handling the rice, it's extremely sticky.

Which to the next point: you want to add some rice vinegar to water if you're going to handle it. Have a cloth with it as well. You want to wipe it between cuts.

Don't overstuff the sushi. It will make it harder to roll.

If you want to use raw fish, get sashimi grade rice. Make sure you ask the guy at the seafood stand if it's sashimi grade.

And finally, the most important thing is to not worry too much. Just press it in the mat for a minute to set before cutting. Experiment.
>>
>>9253346
why not just use a rice maker
>>
>>9252092
Define 'perfect'.
>>
>>9253593
why not use spaghetti for lasagna
>>
>>9252092
where would you get your fish? I sure as shit wouldn't trust eating my local supermarket fish raw..
>>
>>9253239
>until the water it's in is clear
Leave this thread right fucking now and commit seppuku. You don't know how to cook rice.
>>
>>9253747
>He doesn't wash his rice

Thats why your rice sucks. Bet you think a pot can get anywhere close to a fuzzy logic rice cooker too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.