[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to c-town >get some fruit >it tastes like ashes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 41-202.jpg (87KB, 552x410px) Image search: [Google]
41-202.jpg
87KB, 552x410px
>go to c-town
>get some fruit
>it tastes like ashes
>go to whole foods
>get some fruit
>it tastes delicious
At first I thought it was just random but consistently the fruit and vegetables sold in nice areas just tastes better.

Why is this? Is there some technology to sort out the product that will taste bad and send it to the poor store? It's hard to tell from looking at it.

Also, at what point did you realize whole foods was the cheapest option after accounting for all the bad produce that has to be thrown away when you try to be "frugal"?
>>
>>9245929
C-town is just buying whatever looks acceptable.
Wholefoods is actually invested in how it tastes.
>>
>>9245929

>c-town
>cigarettes for $7 per pack

That picture is 6 years old.
>>
>>9245957
>knowing how much Newports cost at C-town
On a scale of Obama to Lil Wayne, how black are you?
>>
Seems like an US thing?
Fruits and vegetable from Walmart, safeway or similar "normal" supermarkets look and taste like plastic.
You only get the real stuff at whole foods, or immigrant stores. But buing anything that in theory should be healthy at wally world or similar? Fuck no. I'd rather eat a candy wrapper from some apple flavoured gummy bears , instead of one of those mutant plastic apples.
>>
>>9245963

Cigarettes in NYC are the same price in every borough....in every single store.
>>
>>9245978
I quit in the mid 2000s but when I smoked there were different prices, a pack of Treasurers or Shepheards Hotel at Barclay Rex cost more than a pack of Marlboro Lights from a random news stand
>>
>>9245982

C-town is mostly a Bronx thing. Even the rich Jews in Riverdale are forced to shop there.
>>
>>9245985
Why would they do that when there's a Garden Gourmet down on Broadway?
>>
>>9245989

They could go to Central Ave in Yonkers 15 mins away, most people don't drive though. I didn't get a license until I moved upstate at age 23.
>>
>>9245991
>going to Yonkers when there's a perfectly good grocery store at the edge of Riverdale
Man the stigma against going to the non-Riverdale parts of the Bronx must be intense

Also, I enjoy reminding Riverdale people that they live in the Bronx
>>
>>9246004

I live in Alphabet City, doesn't affect me really. Regardless, C-town is a NYC thing, the ones upstate closed. There was once one in Yorktown but that closed.
>>
>>9245929
Walmart fruit is delicious. Not as good as whole foods but still delicious.
>>
>>9245929
>consistently the fruit and vegetables sold in nice areas just tastes better.
That really depends on where you are. For example, if I go buy tropical fruit in a Caribbean neighborhood or Asian fruit in Chinatown it will often be excellent. The best price on limes will be in a Mexican neighborhood. But in general your observation holds true. Wealthy, educated people consume more fresh fruit and vegetables than poor people, so the markets that cater to them will stock better quality and a wider variety of fruits and veg, because it will sell.

Also: Sunset Park reporting in.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.