[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ I'm having some black people over from work this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
Hey /ck/ I'm having some black people over from work this weekend and I need to know what to cook for them. Any ideas?
>>
What food are you the best at making

Make that
>>
>>9245254
/ck/ residential black person here

A. What kind of "black people" are we referring to here? (upbringing background, taste in music, current job status, preferred means of consuming cognac, etc)
B. what are you actually good at cooking nigga?
>>
Why are black people almost universally loud and obnoxious?
>>
No mayo based foods.
>>
>>9245254
I can only assume the OP image is "this black dude tries kale for the first time."

The kale in the image is obviously raw. they couldn't at least cook the shit? I KNOW that nigga ate greens before, and cooked kale isn't that too far off.
>>
>>9245311
hahahaha I've never heard that before
>>
>>9245281
I'm not 100% sure what "kind" they are, but they have college educations and steady employment. At least around me and other coworkers, they "talk like white people" but I have no idea about their musical tastes.

I'm big on BBQ myself, but I don't want to come off as "oh shit nigga try dis here jerk chicken." Honestly I just want to BBQ for my own tastes.
>>
>>9245254
So the trick is, in any direction--balance. You might make the best baked ziti, but is it appropriate here?
What kind of get together is it? Casual? Bunch of dudes? More formal with couples? Basics first.

Casual style is more like finger food or "guy food"...pizza, wings, whatever...chips, dips...
Formal might offer some casual but then some lighter options, like sushi or pitas or something...

Whenever I entertain, I think of the situation and people. Set and setting. Most people hang and drink;
then grab some munchies. Unless you're preparing an actual dinner...just do that.

If you're making a sit-down dinner...most people love home style.
Chicken, peas, mashed taters...the greatest hits. Thanksgiving.
Totally neutral in most cases. Just make sides for vegetarians.
>>
how about just cook whatever you want
stop being so fucking obsequious dear lord
>>
>>9245418
Cook what you think you know best. Don't cook for people based on their race. If they can't into your food that's their problem.
>>
>>9245254
Has anyone said fried chicken and watermelon already?
>>
>>9245254
Just properly season your food, though desu if they are coming there to eat your food without trying it before they are probably well prepared to be underwhelmed.
>>
>>9245254
chicken and waffles with 40oz bottles of malt liquor to drink
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.