[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought this Parma ham yesterday just opened it and notice all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20170730_154132.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_154132.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Bought this Parma ham yesterday just opened it and notice all the slices look like this. What does /ck/ think? Is that black stuff mold? Is the yellow fat rancid? Or is this all normal for this particular meat?
>>
>>9242705

Looks normal to me. If the little black spot bothers you then just pull it off and throw it away. It's hard to tell what it may be from your photo but I'm guessing it's just a bit of the seasoning from the outside of the ham that got stuck on that particular slice.
>>
This, the outside of every properly aged parma ham looks like that. As the meat ages and shrinks it is regularly hand rubbed with a mix of pepper and lard to prevent mold.
>>
this looks great
>>
>>9242796
This.
They trim it off before slicing it. They missed a spot. Eat it.
>>
What about the yellow fat? Don't they say yellow fat is rancid?
>>
>>9243438
>What about the yellow fat?
Nothing wrong with that.

>Don't they say yellow fat is rancid?
I've never heard that stated. And as a hunter, I can tell you that plenty of animals have yellow fat.

I'm not sure why you're worried about rancidity. Rancid meat/fat smells awful. If your ham was rancid then you'd be greeted by a vomit-inducing stench the moment you opened the package. You didn't mention any of that so I'm thinking there is no rancidity at all. You're worried over nothing.
>>
>>9243438
Butter is fat and yellow. Are "THEY" saying all butter is rancid?
>>
>>9243470
I meant yellow fat from cured meat
https://youtu.be/_qfVIzmqlGE
See 0:46

>>9243465
Not worried just curious is all
>>
>>9242705
The black stuff comes from the outside of the ham. Whoever sliced it didn't properly remove it. Not a big deal.

The fat turns yellow when it's been exposed to air. That can happen on the first couple of slices. If more then it means the ham is not particularly fresh.
>>
>>9243819
The black stuff is gooey..
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.