[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else agrees that veal is overrated? As a 2nd year culinary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: veal.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
veal.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Who else agrees that veal is overrated? As a 2nd year culinary student and someone who has worked in classical fine dining and upscale French restaurants I can tell you that of all the veal preparations I've tasted, none of them have wowed me. They were ok but due to its age, veal doesn't really develop much flavor and isn't really very tender either. It tastes like bland chicken. Veal is also very expensive and the production process is rather cruel.
>>
I agree. Lamb chops are way better.
>>
I know nothing about veal, but isn't it supposed to be more tender because of its young age? You say it isn't... then what's the point of veal?
>>
This is the umpteenth thread you've made about veal today.

Who's paying you?
>>
>>9240176
Not-OpFag. Yeah, veal is more tender because it's younger and doesn't get to move around. It is arguable that it doesn't develop much in the way of that traditional beef flavor though, and for the same reason.

All in all veal is a meme like any other exsclusive food, kept popular and expensive BECAUSE it is popular, expensive, and difficult to procure. The day veal becomes easy to get and cruelty free is the day it's value plummets and no one cares about it anymore.
>>
>>9239776
You're a biased fucklord. You went in already disliking the fact that you're eating milk fed baby cattle, so by adherence you think veal isn't worth it. PLEB TIER FAGGOT.
>>
>>9240285
I actually gave it many tries thinking that a different way of serving veal might be the answer to a tasty veal dish. I was excited at first to try veal given all of the hype surrounding it.
>>
>>9239776
It's shit. I'd rather just feed it a couple more years and have more steaks.
>>
>>9239776
Yeah not a fan the flavor of steak is superior
>>
>>9240353
Not a fan of grammar either, eh buddy?
>>
>2nd year culinary student

what a loser lmfao
>>
>>9240371
Top kek you got me
>>
For me it's one of those "I like the texture but not the taste" things

It is pretty cruel too yeah but when has that ever stopped us from eating animals?
>>
>>9240374
Yes, culinary school, that's where people go to study if they want to gain skills that will make them a successful restuarateur. What are you doing with your life?
>>
>>9240458
You don't need to know how to cook to run a restaurant.

In fact, it's better if you don't.
>>
>>9239799
>>9240199

Repeating dub 9s are correct. Veal is overrated as it really isn't all that tender and has not developed a real flavor profile.
It doesn't even have to be lamb either. Mutton tastes great as well. There is nothing quite like a nice MLT when the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe. They're so perky; i love that. Goat is great as well.
>>
>>9240458
Culinary school is for people who want to be cooks but dont want to be dishwashers first. Also, nobody takes culinary school grads seriously.
>>
>>9240463
Its better if you don't know how to cook? What are you snorting? As someone in the industry I can tell you the more resources you have available in the kitchen in terms of staff the better off you are. All it takes is one absent cook on a busy night to turn the whole thing into a complete shitshow. I've been there and can tell you that things would have been much better if someone else knew how to cook and could have helped out by cooking on the line.
>>
>>9240476
Culinary school is a supplement to your experience. If that's all you have on your resume then you won't be taken seriously. If you have an associates in culinary plus a few years experience in good restaurants, that will give you an edge over others in the industry who haven't been to school.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.