[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new -zealand/really-tastes-l

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: substitute.png (538KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
substitute.png
538KB, 620x349px
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/really-tastes-like-chicken-kiwi-woman-making-meat-without-animal-in-sight

>Woman in NZ creates vegan chicken
>everyone states it tastes like chicken

How much should I trust this? Most of all what do you guys think?
>>
File: 116447_8_167695.jpg (286KB, 925x730px) Image search: [Google]
116447_8_167695.jpg
286KB, 925x730px
>>9236185
bumpity
>>
>>9236185
Never trust NZ it's full of Hobbits and wizards.
>>
>Eating food made of soy.
I hope none of you do this.
But really why do vegetarians eat fake meat? You don't see people making fake veggies out of chicken.
>>
>>9236218
Asking a stupid question line that means you wouldn't understand the answer.
>>
>>9236218
apparently its not soy, its some yellow peas
>>
File: Screenshot_20170630191300.jpg (395KB, 1080x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170630191300.jpg
395KB, 1080x1066px
>>9236297
People act like they are too principled to eat meat but they still have to deceive themselves into pretending they are eating meat. It is a bad joke really, if you found eating meat disgusting you would not want to pretend you were eating it. If you don't find it disgusting you should stop being a faggot and eat meat.
>>
File: 1501255247-20170728 (1).png (451KB, 684x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1501255247-20170728 (1).png
451KB, 684x1296px
>>9236826
Look. "People like me" mostly grew up eating meat and other stuff. Maybe we like the taste but don't want to support the meat industry/ support the suffering of animals for our own benefit.
(I don't want to start a discussion about how the suffering of living beings like slavery is inevitable in our society).
Thing is: If you like the taste but don't like the way it's produced, why not fake the taste? I say fuck grilling veggies. If I can grill a good "soy steak" marinated with homemade bbq-sauce I'm happy.

And to be honest, many people don't like real meat. They like processed meat with spices like sausages and stuff. The more unnatural the meat is, the easier you can fake its taste. Look at veggie-hotdogs for example.
>>
>>9236826

I know.

It's like dykes and strap ons.
>>
>>9236826

Some people like meat, but for whatever reason later on in their lives are unable to eat meat for one reason or another, whether it be physiological or psychological. There are medical/mental conditions/procedures that can change what you're bodily able to process without becoming violently ill, and some people still want to be able to eat a cheeseburger. Maybe step off your high horse and realize you don't know every last thing about the world, honey.
>>
There's shit like this on news every other day.

Newsflash: It never tastes like meat.
>>
>>9236185
Looks a bit like the stuff we have in our country for substitute.

It smells bad when raw but it's very tasty when baked actually. Can't compare.
>>
>>9236826
>>9236934
you guys are fucking retards.
>>
>>9236941

Why buy a strap on when there are already chicks with dicks out there? It's transphobic.
>>
>new zealand
didn't they have a bar that served horse semen shots?
>>
>>9236185
I would try, I only eat jerk chicken though
I want to try the impossible burger
>>
File: 59P5c6X.jpg (126KB, 960x804px) Image search: [Google]
59P5c6X.jpg
126KB, 960x804px
>be vegan
>prefer to eat straight up food, nothing bad added, nothing good taken away
>most "vegan" restaurants have less for me than a convenience store
>tfw too woke for shitty imitations of carnist slop
>>
>>9237594

Aren't you special.
>>
taste is only a part of it
it needs to have the texture of chicken too, and when i try to cook it, it can't melt
>>
>>9236185
>It tastes just like meat!

This is always a lie. It might taste good but it never ever tastes like the real deal.
>>
>>9238288
That burger with carcinogenic heme iron is supposedly indistinguishable.
>>
>>9238312
>Heme iron is found only in meat, poultry, seafood, and fish, so heme iron is the type of iron that comes from animal proteins in our diet.
>Non-heme iron, by contrast, is found in plant-based foods like grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds. But don’t make the mistake of assuming it’s only in plants. Non-heme iron is also found in animal products such as eggs or milk/dairy and it is also comprises more than half the iron contained in animal meat.

So it's not even vegetarian. What's the point?
>>
meat doesnt taste good
plebs pretend it does but they never eat just bland meat they always use sauces or spices
>>
>>9238329

reddit spacing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impossible_Foods#Technology
>>
>>9238333
What? A good steak needs nothing but salt and pepper.
>>
>>9238341
Reddit meme
>>
Imagine how much lobbying the American meat industry is going to do to keep this out of the country if it really tastes like chicken to the point where people could finally be content with no longer eating meat
>>
>>9239241
I eat chicken because of its macro density and price
one or both of reasons are really the only reason it's popular.
>>
File: Bean.jpg (17KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Bean.jpg
17KB, 259x194px
I'm new to making vegan. I have some beans in a pot soaking. Anyone have any good bean related recipes?
>>
>>9236218
>You don't see people making fake veggies out of chicken.

We totally should and then serve it to vegans
>>
>>9236218
>>9236826
What is the problem here, it's free of the issues most vegans/ vegetarians have with eating meat, namely killing the animal. Why are autistics on /ck/ so fixated on this weird transubstantiation non-argument?
>>
>>9236826
People act like they are too principled to
exercise violence but they still have to deceive themselves into watching movies with violence. It is a bad joke really, if you really found violence disgusting you would not want to watch it in movies. If you don't find it disgusting you should stop being a faggot and be violent.
>>
>>9241038
Add 1/4 cup of salt before you boil the beans
>>
>>9236185
>going vegan because i'm all about health and loving animals.
Proceed to create something with all kinds of chemicals and shit that involves using ingredients of mass slaughtered animals.

way to go vegans.
>>
>>9236315
yellow peas, and a shit load of chemicals tha cause cancer, way to go vegans.
>>
File: 04_Our-Burger_stack.jpg (336KB, 2560x1370px) Image search: [Google]
04_Our-Burger_stack.jpg
336KB, 2560x1370px
>>9236185
IMPOSSIBRU
http://impossiblefoods.com/burger/
>>
>>9241235
lel
>It's probably made with soy!!! (ignoring all evidence that moderate to high intake of soy isn't unhealthy
Actually it's yellow peas
>IT PROBABLY HAS A SHIT LOAD OF CHEMICALS THEN!!!
>>
>>9241072
>Why are autistics on /ck/ so fixated on this
Damm nigga, stroke a nerve there? People just asking obvious questions
>>
>>9241228
That's a lot of salt
I will thanks
>>
>>9241243
>U MAD?
No I'm asking why autistics on /ck/ seem to think the breaded soy product seems to transubstantiate into the body of the chicken, an even more obvious question.
>>
>>9236185
>"eating meat is evil!"
>strive to make things taste like meat

Vegan logic, everyone.
>>
>>9243376
>"killing people is evil"
>strive to create intensely realistic games where you kill people

????????
>>
>>9243420
not an argument
>>
>>9243620
The act of eating meat-like things isn't evil, it's the fact that it results in loss of life (and damage to the environment if we're getting into factory farming and the meat industry and whatever else.) Same deal with games; killing people is evil because it results in pain and loss of life, but enjoying a game where you do that isn't because no one is hurt.

There's no victim with vegan chicken. If you can't wrap your head around that then I honestly don't know how to simplify it for you.
>>
>>9243637
you are supposing life has objective value

as much as I would hate to quote him here because it was a joke, he's not wrong. louis /ck/ said in a bit "all the shitty stuff that has ever happened..that all happened in life"

it was a joke but its true. There is no net positive or negative to life, it's just a very temporary and undefinable state something occasionally finds itself in...or even not find itself in, because most things that are alive don't even know it
>>
>>9243674
Alright cool, so kill yourself.

I'm not joking or being edgy either, unless you're separating yourself from your food somehow. If life has no objective value, then it shouldn't matter whether you're alive or dead.

Unless your counterargument is that it has subjective value to you, in which case you have to acknowledge that life has potential subjective value to the things you're eating.

I'm not arguing that you should wholesale quit; I know I'm arguing the point here, but I'm pescatarian (excepting octopus/squid) and not fully vegetarian because in the research I've done, it looks to me like common meats like chicken, cow, pig, etc., all value life and can understand the concept of death, both theirs and others', while animals like fish can't. And that's even if I ignored the grotesque conditions the meat industry puts them through to produce it.

It's a choice you have to make for yourself based on your own research, but I think your reasoning there is deliberately trying to justify it to your own moral conscience. It honestly seems like a cop-out and a bit of doublethink to let you keep eating meat.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.