[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here /noportioncontrol/? Buying smaller plates and bowls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Who else here /noportioncontrol/? Buying smaller plates and bowls helped, but every now and then I still go downstairs and get like 7 scoops of ice cream.

I've been a bit overweight my whole life (BMI 26) and it's frustrating that if I fixed this I'd be healthy.
>>
File: CuaQSToWgAAva7M.jpg (50KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
CuaQSToWgAAva7M.jpg
50KB, 720x644px
>>9234880
What if you just are foods with fewer calories by volume and more nutrients per calorie? Maybe you binge because no quantity of the food you eat can satisfy cravings for specific nutrients? I start each day with a big bowl of "nicecream" made from frozen bananas, berries or cherries, chia, cocoa, flax, vanilla.
>>
>>9234914
That occurred to me recently so I started taking multivitamins.

I like almost all flavors and I'm just as happy to binge on "empty" food to fatty stuff, so one of the ways I've been managing is binging on huge helpings of baby carrots, peas, or broccoli/cauliflower.
>>
>>9234880
just don't buy ice cream basically dude. or anything else you binge that heavily. if you want chips or ice cream you have to make it from scratch etc

only buy it when you're gonna treat yourself. if you have any self control and won't consider every day a special occasion, or can wean yourself off better, i usually do something like soda saturday/sunday since that's my problem binge. that way i feel like i can eat how i like on some days and as you wean off of sugar and processed foods, you'll crave less and less of it and itll take less to binge satisfy you.
>>
>>9234880
halo top ice cream
eat a whole pint fag
>>
I've been counting calories recently and I've lost over 10 lbs. It helps that I've gone back on my Adderall and occupy myself with my office job.

Also when I do pig out on sweets I make sure I have oatmeal chocolate chip cookies on hand. I make them with 50/50 margarine/butter and I find they are the most satisfying and filling sweet per Calorie. It's certainly better than eating 500 Calories worth of ice cream in a sitting.

Calorie counting is important though. It turns it into a game of sorts. You know every indiscretion is something you're going to have to pay back later so you end up scrimping and saving your Calories throughout the day. Can't have that Snickers now because that will mean because that means less food overall today. Getting past lunch feeling full and only having ate 400 Calories feels good.
>>
You need to lose weight and keep it there for a year to not feel hungry. Otherwise whenever you're dipping below your normal weight your brain tries to get you to eat more.
>>
>>9234940
>baby carrots, peas, or broccoli/cauliflower.

Good start, but eventually you'll want to switch to vegetables that are less starchy and more nutrient-rich, which are generally green leafy vegetables like spinach and brussel sprouts.
>>
>Buying smaller plates and bowls helped

Or you could just not keep a huge tub of ice cream on hand at any given time. Instead of buying 5 gallons of shitty stuff just buy one small thing of good quality ice cream. Not only do you stop being a fatass but you also get better ice cream.
>>
Just get 1 scoop at a time. That way if you have 7, you're at least up and down the stairs 7 times.

Bmi of 29 here at the moment and I'm not really that out of shape, not too big, but solid. I'm at the gym 3 days a week and am active most days. A pint of Haagen Dazs lasts me about a week, I have it with skim milk and frozen fruit to add in some fat and calories on the nights before the gym.

I was down at 165 (bmi 25) last summer, but I don't have any strength at that weight. I'm at 190 now and will start to cut heading into the fall to get ready for winter sports.
>>
>>9234880
I can't into moderation. I have to either force myself to rigidly stick to tiny calories, or just go crazy and binge. No middle ground. I'm fortunately able to control myself enough to consistently lose weight even with some binge days, but once I get to an underweight bmi and need to start eating more on average, I'm going to struggle.
>>
Stop buying ice creaming and buy something a little more filling per Calorie that you don't eat 1000 Calories in a sitting but nonetheless feel indulged afterwards.

Seriously, stop buying ice cream. Will power isn't simply about using it, it's about avoiding the temptation altogether too. Doctors don't tell recovering heroin addicts to leave a bag of heroine downstairs at all time to test their willpower. They tell them to never even look at heroine again, or even hang out with the same people.
>>
>>9234880
Don't buy high calorie foods at all, I am the same way. If it's in the house and unhealthy, I'll binge on it. You can't binge on chicken, veggies, and soup though
>>
>>9235111
>more nutrient-rich
Broccoli is a top 5 food in terms of nutrients. I do agree with the spinach though. Staple foods are for survival and people in poverty.
Anyone who earns a modest salary can replace rice, bread, potatoes, etc with leafy greens.

>>9234880
My highest weight ever was 286. I'm now 170, so I feel like my opinion is valid.
DON'T FUCKING EAT ICE CREAM. EVER. It is the worst food in existence by every metric. High in simple sugars, high in saturated
fat, it has an absolutely insane glycemic index/load. For things that are really bad for you, but delicious... you have to eat the meme
substitutes. Even if you were skinny, you should be eating Halo Top instead of B&Js.
Using smaller plates is also a meme. If you are anything like I used to be, you will eat unfinished food out of the trash like an animal.
You have to fundamentally change your relationship with food. We are ultimately responsible for what we put in our bodies, but I
understand that the human condition is not compatible with modern day food availability. You need to actually reset your brain to
fix your hormones and how you psychologically feel about food.
>>
>>9235206
I personally view peanutbutter to be the devil of food. I could eat that shit by the spoonful each of which is like 200 calories.
>>
>>9235227
Me to...I just sometimes have like 10 sticks of celery with peanut butter. And i dont even realize it because the crunch and taste is addicting

Im now like 130 pounds thanks to this lately
>>
>>9235205
I can literally eat half a whole boiled chicken and that's not even counting a lot fucking more in vegetables. I don't even eat crap, /fit/ said my diet checks out but when I mentioned quantity they told me I need to go see a fucking doctor.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.