[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make potatoes like coras? My local coras is really fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: 348s.jpg (21KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
21KB, 348x348px
How do I make potatoes like coras? My local coras is really fucking good. The potatoes are sliced and slightly moist but browned. I dont know if they put any seasoning on them but id love to make them this good at home.

If you have instructions be as autistically detailed as possible when it comes to times in the pan/oven etc and heat. I've tried to replicate so many online recipes with a picture of something tasty just to have mine turn out like shit.
>>
I can't see shit. That image is for ants.
>>
File: ATST.jpg (723KB, 1920x3072px) Image search: [Google]
ATST.jpg
723KB, 1920x3072px
>>9234274
>Slice with a mandolin to desired thickness.
>Place in mixing bowl
>Oil and season as you see fit.
>Refrigerate until cold.
>Saute pan on medium-high with butter, salted.
>90-120 seconds per side

Bam crispy 'taters with a mushy but cooked center. If your stove top sucks, I guess you could finish them off with about 6-8 minutes, after saute, in a 400f degree oven...but that's your call.

If you want crispy, always saute or fry cold stuff.
>>
>>9234281
Sorry it was the only decent picture of the potatoes by themselves. I didnt have my phone with me when I went to coras today.
>>
File: 20170729_185932.jpg (1MB, 1881x1134px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_185932.jpg
1MB, 1881x1134px
>>9234305
Hmm, I dont have a mandolin but I can try my best with a knife. When you say oil and season how much and what type should I be using? I've got olive, grapeseed right now.

>refrigerate
What does this step accomplish?
>90-120
Will they really be soft after only 4 minutes of cooking? Most of the time I have to boil potatoes for ages just to get them soft for mashing.

How do I know if my stovetop sucks? It gets pretty fucking hot and I have a decently deep frying pan pic related. But its electric not gas.
>>
>>9234347
You can par cook them but it might be unnecessary depending on the thickness of the cut. Keeping them cold give you that time to flip and sit to get that browning crunch you want on the outside, while allowing the inside to cook.

Even if you par cook, in a microwave or a boil, still chill them and thank me later. Don't FREEZE them, just chill them.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.