[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw can't even handle the pressure of being a chef in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-07-30-02-32-31.png (554KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-30-02-32-31.png
554KB, 800x480px
>tfw can't even handle the pressure of being a chef in a fucking video game
how can I open my own restaurant now if I can't handle the pressure of orders? is there hope for me lads?
>>
>>9233664
Yeah if you can't handle that you have no hope of even being a line cook let alone owning a restaurant.
>>
>>9233664
If you enjoy cooking, don't work in a restaurant. It will destroy any love you have for it.

Don't open a restaurant, don't wait tables, don't be a chef. If you love cooking, cook at home.

Imagine making your favorite meal. Personally I like duck l'orange. Now, instead of leisurely cooking at home, talking to a friend or something as you go...

Imagine seven people running around you as you try to cook.

Imagine a waiter shrieking about how table 4's steak is overcooked despite it being made to order.

Imagine having to time out five different meals while the kitchen manager yells about how "IT'S THE DINNER RUSH PEOPLE LOOK ALIVE" as though you didn't fucking know.

Imagine no one giving a shit about how hard you worked, and if they do you're too busy to accept the compliment.

Working in a restaurant will destroy your passion for cooking.
>>
>>9234184
>This

Being a real professional chef at a restaurant is one of the worst jobs I've ever had. It's a shit job, shit pay, with shit hours.
>>
Why does drawn food always look so damn good
>>
>>9234184
>>9234431
Work in the front of the house you scrubs
Easier, pays better, and you get to eat food instead of making it
>>
>>9234448
>Work in the front of the house you scrubs

What would be the point in that? It's further from cooking.
>>
File: 1488939483684s.jpg (3KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
1488939483684s.jpg
3KB, 104x125px
>>9234184
I WANT TO SHOW THE WORLD MY TALENTS AND EARN SHEKELS WHILE DOING IT
THIS ISN'T FAIR WHY AM I TOO BETA FOR IT
>>
>>9234996
>attempting to justify your shitty life choices on a Cambodian shadow puppet forum

Sad!
>>
>>9233664
Obama on the left?
>>
>not playing cook serve delicious
>>
>>9235067
how is wanting people to be happy on what you cook a shitty life choice?
>>
Who /solo/ cook here?

>family of 5 comes in
>take their order
>start prepping
>more people come in
>take their order
>more people
>all I am doing is taking orders
>can't even start cooking them
>end up with 11 orders all at once
>ITS GO TIME
>start cooking everything off in batches
>pulling out what I need as I need it
>no time to tidy up
>by the time all the orders are finished there is 0 free counterspace
>everything is dirty
>stick everything back in its spot and prep for the next order
>Mise en place up in this shit

Honestly its the only time I enjoy being a cook. If its slow I am bored out of my mind and hate it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.