[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know next to nothing about pork, I'm not a jew though.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: pork-products.jpg (159KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
pork-products.jpg
159KB, 500x432px
I know next to nothing about pork, I'm not a jew though. Can someone enlighten me about pork products?

I want to impress some people by knowing good pork product stuff but I know nothing about it. Stuff like what are good products, or smoked stuff you can eat like prosciutto or some bullshit like that. What are good buys?
>>
>>9232088
>I want to impress some people by knowing good pork product stuff

thats the most retarded sentence ive read in a while, good god, if you stop being autistic you wont have to pretend, also who the fuck talks about "pork products" as a conversation piece.
>>
Just say 'It would taste much better if this was authentic guanciale' all the time and you're good.
>>
>>9232607
Gabagool
>>
>>9232607
>if you stop being autistic you wont have to pretend,

Where did he say he wanted to pretend? He wants to learn about pork products and that is fine. You never know when that sort of expertise can come into play.

My favorite pork products are bacon and sausage and I know how to cook both of them; that is the sort of maturity that helps keep a relationship together over the long haul.
>>
>>9232088
It's made from pigs.
>>
Right on Anon!
Know your pig.
Pig is the most amazing meat. Anthony Bourdain calls pig the magical meat. Its true!
Guanciale looks like bacon but is made from the jowls. The difference is the quality of the fat. Fat=flavor but all fats are not created equally.
Fat Back found around the lower spine of the pig is the weapon of choice of salami makers.
Legs are what you make ham from.
If it's a dry ham Italian or Spanish they are salted and air dried for up to a year. Boiled ham is "cured" in a brine for several days then boiled or steamed.
Bacon is cured and often smoked from the bottom of the ribs to the belly of the pig also a favorite cut in Asia on its own.
Ribs are ribs and need to be slow cooked for many hours on low heat..
People who BBQ them for 30 minutes and slap store bought sauce on them should be shot.
The loin of pig doesn't need allot of cooking time as its lean and needs help in the form of sauces and marinades.
More fat = more cooking
The neck and shoulders of pig are the best parts for a whole family of sausages both fresh and aged. Copa is the king of this cut.
Its never too late to learn about pig !
>>
>>9232811
>Pig is the most amazing meat. Anthony Bourdain calls pig the magical meat. Its true!
ugh....
Beef is better for most purposes. Lamb bacon > pig bacon.
>>
>>9232811
I'm not OP but I found this really useful. Thanks anon.

What are some good pork dishes that doesn't involve bbq, sausages or cured meats (including bacon)?
>>
>>9232841
ur mom lol
oink oink
>>
>>9232811
This sounds amazing. What else is there that you know?

What about popular finished pork products? Like types of sausage or dried age cuts or whatever else? You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.