[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>actually have celiac disease >people think i'm just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1423101673405.png (430KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1423101673405.png
430KB, 500x375px
>actually have celiac disease
>people think i'm just a gluten-free fad following normie
>>
>uuuhhhh, do you have gluten free soy sauce
> "yep just a moment, customer san"
>thhaank you~~
>whoa man, do you have celiac??
>no, but every bit helps

I don't know where the fad came from, but in a way it is nice to see people asserting themselves over nothing. Those server babes gotta hustle if they want their non-mandatory tips.
>>
>>9228047
Be blunt about it. Say wheat makes you shit blood. Fewer people would fake it if they understood that's the condition they were pretending to have.
>>
>>9228057
Many fattening foods happen to be made with white flour of wheat which contains gluten. Avoiding gluten means avoiding lots of junk food and making eating a conscious action, which results in weight loss.
>>
>>9228074
Do this! I promise, your server has asked someone to shit blood and die when they were BOH five minutes ago. You can't phase them. They are an angry and broken people and will do anything for more textbook money.

T. Server
>>
>>9228047
Sorry brotato. Just know some people out there understand actual celiacs have a rough time with diet. Normies who are gluten-free by choice are brainwashed by god knows what. When was it cool to be gluten free?
>>
>>9228057
>non mandatory tips

Non american detected.
>>
>>9228047
itkf

>have severe potentially life threatening allergies
>people think I'm memeing because a lot of cunts who complain about their allergies get a sniffle or a tummy ache once in a while
>>
>>9228083
These sort of pragmatic side effects of meme diets is why pretty much every fad is better than SAD desu
>>
>>9229204
Same here, allergic to perfume, have seizures on exposure, people think I get the fucking sniffles and continue to wear it. Fucking dickheads honestly.
>>
>>9229204
when i used to work at subway i accidentally put tomato on a sub of a guy that asked for no tomato. i offered to remake it but he just got angry and payed for it, claiming to be allergic and saying he'll sue.

>>9229214
which component?
>>
>>9229240
>i offered to remake it but he just got angry and payed for it, claiming to be allergic and saying he'll sue.
Kek, sounds like a LARPing cunt.

I have never eaten out in my life. All the meals I've eaten were either prepared by my parents or myself.
>>
>>9229193
I'm just an alpha male and don't bend to convention, sorry not sorry
>>
>>9228047
>>actually have celiac disease
>>people think i'm just a gluten-free fad following normie

You shouldn't be caring what people think. You should know your way around recipes so you don't accidentally order something wrong though. I don't think you need to announce it often, just make your substitutions as you wish.

>>9229214
>Same here, allergic to perfume, have seizures on exposure, people think I get the fucking sniffles and continue to wear it. Fucking dickheads honestly.
This is a tough one. People assume that you must be allergic to just freesia and then douse themselves in a different perfume the next day.
It might comfort you to know, or maybe you can use this factoid in explanations, but in Nova Scotia, they outlawed scent in public places, buildings, buses more than 20 years ago. <inset joke about french people bathing in cologne vs washing>
My church has a nice blurb in the bulletin about not wearing it to church, being sensitive to others, but I still have to move my seat every other week, to get away from someone who will have my sinuses and throat inflamed. Usually helps to go early. I think the late people are the type that skip bathing for perfume. They procrastinate in every way in their lives.
>>
What if instead of advertising food as "gluten-free", we advertised it as "celiac friendly"?
>>
>>9228047
celiac is literally a meme disease though. No one had it 15 years ago, snowflake.
>>
File: 316589.jpg (203KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
316589.jpg
203KB, 825x464px
Then as an adult you should know what not to order.

Or do you expect the kitchen to cater to you and make a gluten free version of everything?

Literally take a step back, and FUCK YOUR OWN FACE!!!
>>
File: 05b4b44f25f4415ea8a28f4a08c8551a.png (137KB, 1920x1636px) Image search: [Google]
05b4b44f25f4415ea8a28f4a08c8551a.png
137KB, 1920x1636px
>>9228047
debilitating allergies are still a thing, even without celiac disease
people can be allergic to all kinds of stupid shit, its no surprise that gluten is among them.
>>
>>9229891
holy crap, I don't even really disagree with you, but you sound like a raging cunt.
>>
I know that feel, its frustrating to be associated with such bullshit.
I just tell them clearly and directly that Im celeac when I order rather than just requesting things to be gluten free, that usually does the trick. Its dicey territory, because some places offer stuff that's 'gluten free' but fried in the same oil as gluten containing products or in an area with no cross contamination control, all to get on the GF fad train and it puts genuine celeacs at risk.
>>
>>9232510
You're not at risk you pussitron. My little sister has celiacs. They took her to the doctor because she wasn't gaining weight properly for a child her age. The worst that happens is people with celiac aren't able to digest things properly and utilize nutrition. This isn't auchwitz if you don't 100% digest all nutrition it shouldn't effect you that much.
>>
>>9232594
There are a whole lot of other effects of celeac disease, the immune response breaks down your intestinal linings; and that isn't fucking comfortable. Try having incapacitating gut ache and shitting liquid for most of your life, its not just feeling worn down and malnourished.
>>
>>9230737
That's actually genius
>>
>>9232594
My best friend has celiacs, last time she accidentally had gluten she ended up shitting blood.
>>
>>9228083
Lmao what the fuck? People need a fucking "avoid gluten" minigame to make conscious, considered decisions about what they eat? Just fucking think for thinking's sake.
>>
>>9228962
This is the truest thing I've read on this board
>>
File: 1500863556648.jpg (22KB, 260x280px) Image search: [Google]
1500863556648.jpg
22KB, 260x280px
I don't recall ever having a conversation about gluten free anything with anyone. You guys should hang out with normies less.
>>
File: 153315.jpg (40KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
153315.jpg
40KB, 225x350px
>having no known allergies
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.