[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this place any good? Is there something special they do over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (70KB, 635x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 635x400px
Is this place any good? Is there something special they do over any other burger place? One just opened up up the street from my house and I'm considering it for dinner.
>>
it's average and way overpriced
>>
go try it and report back, in case one opens near me
>>
Fries are good, the burger's alright. Probably overpriced.
>>
>>9221381
It's fast food. Is it better than McDonalds? Sure, yeah. Is it worth discussing? No, not really. I go there about 5x a year because I work near the original location on MSP. I don't understand why it, or any other fast food joint, is interesting enough to make 50,000 threads a week about.
>>
>>9221403
Cool your jets, I'm just asking about a new food place near me I've never heard about that I can ask the Internet about.
>>
>>9221381
It's a good burger as far as fast food burgers go. It costs more than your average fast food burger, but it's better than most. So if you want a better fast food burger and don't mind spending a little extra for it Shake Shack is for you. Otherwise not.
>>
the fried mushroom burger is bretty gud as far as fast food goes.

Just expect to spend 15 a person for slightly above fast food quality.
>>
File: 1498947669760.jpg (53KB, 790x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498947669760.jpg
53KB, 790x600px
>>9221381
Poorfags will shit up this thread. Prices aside it is better than any other chain burgers I've had. The shakes are trash, the fries are ok but much better with the cheese sauce. the only thing that could be improved with the burger is the bun.

this is coming from someone who hated shake shack at first because of the prices. but then I realized I'm not poor and figured out the best items to order.
>>
>>9221604
>>9221642
>>9221922

So I'm looking at like... Five Guys quality? Better?

I don't eat at walk-in restaurants much because I'd either sit down for a full meal with a server or do a drive thru if I'm looking for something quick, but this place is closer to my house than most.

The only closer burger place to me is Wendy's though, and sometimes I want a burger. Worth the step up? How are the hot dogs or chicken sandwiches?
>>
>>9221381
>>9221384
>>9221418
We just got one in my town. I haven't been there yet, but all the word-of-mouth is that it's a decent burger, but over-crowded, over-hyped, and over-priced.

They have beer, wine, and bourbon shakes, so there's that. They also have dog treats, so if you like dog hair in your restaurants, they're the place for you.
>>
>>9222094
>How are the hot dogs or chicken sandwiches?
nobody knows for sure

since it takes about an hour to get to the front of the line, everybody just orders the safe option

nobody plays games at the shack
>>
>>9222094
I'd say better than Five Guys but with shittier fries.
>>
>>9222094

Holy shit, just go fucking try it for yourself.
>>
>>9221381
It's a great burger but it's not worth three fucking Michelin stars like a lot of food bloggers seem to think it is, if I lived as close to one as you do I'd probably get food from there pretty frequently but fuck waiting in line for half an hour to get one like at the popular locations in big cities.
>inb4 flamewar about whether Shake Shack is better than In-N-Out Burger
>>
About the same quality as steak n shake, but for double the price.
>>
I don't understand how the one in Boston survives when Tasty Burger is leagues better and slightly cheaper
>>
>>9222094
Way better than five gays, shake shack isn't cheap but it's very delicious and fresh
>>
On a scale of In-n-Out to Whataburger, how would you rate it?
>>
>>9223234

I wouldn't say it's better than five guys, 2bh
>>
>>9223287
I find their burgers to be meatier and basically more worth the price. Five gays has better normal fries but shake shack's cheese fries are pretty good.
>>
>>9223273
see>>9222607
>>
Pricey but tastes relly gud. I usually go for the SmokeShack burger, fries (which are also pretty good), and a shake. They've got some tasty ass shakes imo.
I'd go a lot more often if I lived near the city but since it's a place I only get to once or twice a year, the price isn't so bad. Especially when it's only a few bucks more than shitty fast food, which I pretty much avoid entirely now.
>>
>>9222536
This entirely. Shake Shack has crinkle cut fries, objectively the worst kind of fries. My suspicion is that they're purposely showing contempt toward the fries to avoid the Five Guys mistake of drawing attention away from the burger. But their burger is much better than Five Guys.
>>
>>9224599
Shit, sorry for samefagging. Didn't realize I was responding to my own drunk post from last night.
>>
>>9222094
Go there and see for yourself you massive faggot
>>
>>9224608
I hate it when that happens ;^)
>>
File: shake stack.jpg (86KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shake stack.jpg
86KB, 640x480px
>>9221381
>Is there something special they do over any other burger place?
The "stack" where they combine the veggie option of the deep fried portobello cheese-stuffed mushroom and place that on top of your burger. It oozes mushroom juice and gooey cheese.
There is also a great piquillo pepper relish that comes on one burger. Get that!

Not every burger place has Abita root beer, or some of their combinations of the shake-concrete mixer. Fresh berries, chunks of pie, see what appeals to you in your ice cream.

Fries are ordinary crinkle fries. Sauce is basically a copycat big mac sauce. I think the chicago dog is pretty novel or hard to find traditionally done with a fresh-baked bun for anyone not in the midwest, so it might be a good order for you.
>>
>>9221381
Its weird I remember years ago before they expanded I went to the location in NYC. There was a line and it definitely was worth the wait. Now that they've expanded its barely a step above McD.

But whats strange is that no one I've talked has said that it has changed significantly in taste since before they expanded out of NYC.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.