[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chuck eye steak >it's cheap >fat streaks throughout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

Chuck eye steak

>it's cheap
>fat streaks throughout
>tastes good

Is this a great cut of steak or am I just a pleb?
>>
Season and marinate it overnight!
>>
>>9221207

Also, stew.
>>
>>9221207
>>9221220

Really wonderful first posts, I wholly agree.

>>9221200

It takes more work is all, but it has other applications. You wouldn't want any other softer meat for a stew, wont release as much flavor or withstand long hours simmering.

As far as steak, like the anon said, marinate overnight, it makes a hearty slab of meat.
>>
Is a chuck eye steak different from a chuck roast? Would it actually be good grilled?
>>
File: steak guide.jpg (40KB, 587x409px) Image search: [Google]
steak guide.jpg
40KB, 587x409px
>>9221200
look up Denver steak next time you go to buy a chuck roast. Denver steaks aren't that popular yet, but they are likely going to have the same rise to fame that skirt steak and flatiron steak had.

Most grocery stores in the USA don't sell Denver steaks, but you can cut one yourself if you buy boneless chuck shoulder roast. The meat itself comes from just behind the shoulder blade, near the start of the rib section.

When looking at the shoulder roast through the grocery store packaging, you should be able to spot a single muscle about the size and shape of your hand that is the thickness of the whole roast. That muscle makes a great steak (or two). It will have seam of connective tissue and fat on one side, holding it to several smaller bits of muscle like the roast in your picture. The outer side of the Denver steak should be connected only to one or two small muscles that can be easily trimmed off. Cutting it away from the rest of the roast should be trivial with a good deboning knife. Depending on the thickness of the roast, and the marbling, it may be necessary to use your best slicing knife to portion it into two 1" (~2.5 cm) thick steaks.

No need to marinate, but mind which way the muscle grain runs when you cut into it after plating.
>>
File: squash hunting.jpg (41KB, 353x504px) Image search: [Google]
squash hunting.jpg
41KB, 353x504px
>>9221674
If you look at OP's pic, you can see a blue/gray vein of connective tissue in a couple of places. That would be hard to eat around with most household steak knives.

You could probably spend a little bit of time with the right knives (i.e. sharp, well-honed) taking that connective tissue out before cooking, but then you might be left with pieces of meat that are impractical to handle on a grill. Of course, if you were to skewer that same meat, then you might be onto something...
>>
>>9221674
I thought chuck eye was the bottom half of a chuck roast
>>
>>9221200
>Chuck eye steak

https://grillinfools.com/blog/2013/06/18/what-is-a-chuck-eye-steak/
>>
>>9222387
>skewers
Hardly anyone does those. Should probably do those more. How to keep the meat from drying out over the fire though?
>>
File: IMG_4600.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4600.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: File_000 (4).jpg (973KB, 2436x1980px) Image search: [Google]
File_000 (4).jpg
973KB, 2436x1980px
>>
File: IMG_4033.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4033.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>9222435
>How to keep the meat from drying out over the fire though?

cube small enough so that it cooks after about a minute per side over the fire. minimizing the time over the fire will guard against losing moisture. You could also try cooking it via indirect heat from the fire, so it cooks slower, but then you won't get any delicious, cancer filled, charred bits.

Alternatively, you could marinate the meat and/or brush on a sauce as it cooks. Really though, with a properly built fire you should be able to just lightly oil the food, put it over direct heat for a minute or two, and then pull it off ready to serve. If you need to hold it before serving, move it away from the fire into a warming zone (assuming you thought ahead enough to build a 3-zone fire).
>>
>>9222485
>>9222479
>>9222459
this is a bad cut of meat, sorry
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.