[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a 100-pound sack (over 45 kilos) of pinto beans because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Pinto.jpg (56KB, 506x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pinto.jpg
56KB, 506x720px
I bought a 100-pound sack (over 45 kilos) of pinto beans because it was on sale at a Mexican store for $75. What is the best way to start eating these things? I bought it partly for emergency food storage, but also for general eating.
>>
Check it for rocks
>>
>>9218454
Check it 4 cocks lol
>>
>>9218450
uma delicia
>>
Beans are good and all, but you got swindled as fuck.
>>
>>9218450
$75 for a 100lb bag is a terrible deal on pinto beans.

Frijoles charros
Refried beans
Bean dip
>>
File: Screenshot_20170726_043808.png (100KB, 441x502px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170726_043808.png
100KB, 441x502px
>100 lbs for $75

that's not even a great deal... especially for buying in bulk
>>
>>9218450
What are you gonna do with 100 pounds of beans you dumbass
>>
>>9218450
Buy a pressure cooker. I hope you really like beans.
>>
>>9218450
>because it was on sale at a Mexican store for $75

Do you realize this is ten times more than it actually costs
>>
>>9218450
>has to buy because it's on !!SALE!!
Maybe you shouldn't buy large quantities of things you know very little about.(cooking or price) Typical retard consumer, do your research.
>>
File: EddieGuerrero_crop_north.jpg (29KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
EddieGuerrero_crop_north.jpg
29KB, 630x420px
lol Mexicans saw you coming, anon. Get read for...
Refried beans
Pinto beans & ham
Beans & rice
Bean casserole
Bean pies
Bean hats
Bean boots
Bean & macaroni arts & crafts
Bean-based homemade fleshlights
>>
I pressure cook them, drain, and and store in fridge in mason jars
then I pressure cook some soaked lentils, split peas and sliced carrots.
Then I add both to a pot, then add frozen green peas and spices and tomato paste.
Very good with bread.
>>
1) you'd been had. The price you paid is standard for smaller quantities as well. Aldi and Save-a-Lot sell pintos in 2lb and 4lb bags, respectively, at $1.49 and $2.49 each. At least in my area. I was able to get a 10lb sack a few months back for $4.99.

2) I boil a half pound at a time, plain, then store in the fridge for future noms. That cooks up into 4 servings. To use, a take a quarter of the cooked beans and add them to what I'm cooking. For chili or curry, just fry some aromatics in oil or lard, add spices, the beans and a bit of tomato juice and stock, boil until thick then salt to taste and serve.
For rice and beans, I make a plain, onion fried rice, add the beans and sachet of Goya ham bouillon powder mixed with some water. To finish, I stir in onion greens and cilantro, then serve.
For pasta and pintos, I fry up chopped onion, chunks of celery and a crushed tomato in olive oil, add the beans, some water and a bit of salt. Bring to the boil and add the pasta, adding a bit more boiling water if/as necessary until the pasta is cooked through. I finish it for herb celery leaves.
For bean gravy, I saute Cajun/Creole trinity in bacon grease, add the beans and their cooking water and let it thicken into a gravy. Pour it out into a shallow bowl and top it with a glob of white rice.
I also like to mash them, press through fine mesh to catch the skins, whip the smooth bean stuff with a bit of oil, water and pasted garlic and stir in some freshly rubbed dry sage for something kinda similar to hummus.
Also nice is to sweeten the bean paste and whip it with butter for a jam-like spread for toast, similar to Japanese red bean paste. You can also whip it with lard and a bit more water to make refried beans. Nice in a burrito.
Pinto bean soup with onion, garlic, chili and green stock
Bean croquettes (bajiyo; look up a recipe).
Um... Lotsa others, too. Too many to type.

Hope this little bit helps.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.