[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /ck/. Currently making raspberry jam (or whatever it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hi, /ck/.

Currently making raspberry jam (or whatever it's called when you don't boil it), and I thought I'd use a tip I've heard for making it healthier by using honey collected from raspberry flowers rather than sugar.

It works wonderfully as far as taste goes, but I'm planning on freezing most of it. I just read that honey doesn't freeze, but I can't find any info for food that just has honey mixed in.

Will this be a problem?
>>
>>9214140
>healthier
>>
>>9214140
>making raspberry jam
>but I'm planning on freezing most of it.

nigger, what? do you know how preserves fucking work?
>>
>>9214140
>Will this be a problem?
No. But it does raise some questions:
1) The whole point of "preserves" is that they keep without needing to be refrigerated. Why are you planning on freezing yours? That seems unnecessary.

2) You don't need to add sugar or honey. Just cook down the fruit and let the natural sugars concentrate.
>>
>>9214154

I'm freezing, because I doubt keeping it in the fridge will last all year. I'm making enough for it to last until next summer.

I've been traumatized by the vastly inferior taste of store bought jam, especially strawberry jam, and I concluded that the thing that makes the taste worse is the boiling part. There's probably other reasons as well, but that's the only part I'm pretty sure makes it worse to me.
>>
>>9214140
Honey is sugar. It is in no way healthier. Tastes better though.
>>
>>9214200

I understand, but the thing I heard was that raspberry honey has a taste similar to sugar, but twice as sweet, so you only need to use half the amount you would use with sugar. Dunno if that's true or not, but that's what I heard from some doctor on the radio a while back. It was about the epidemic of cheap candy last Easter.
>>
>>9214147
>>9214154
>OP didn't boil it

Enjoy your botulism, OP
>>
>>9214173
Properly processed jelly and jam (boiled) is absolutely delicious. We made raspberry and mulberry jam (boiled) and it's ambrosia-tier. Find a well reviewed recipe online, follow the instructions, and learn to process jam the right way (boiled). Store bought is shit because it's not made with love
>>
>>9214264
Chances are low with a high-sugar content environment like preserves, and the honey would probably help enclose the environment once it crystallizes, but I doubt OP will enjoy it a year from now without catching SOMETHING.
>>
>>9214264

We do this all the time, and nobody has gotten sick from that. Is it just a thing in the US? Never heard a case of that here in Norway.
>>
>>9214276

I already have done that, for a few years. But I will look it up, and I guess I'll try a good recipe as well, just to check if it's worth it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.