[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why when I cook my eggs in a frying pan, does the egg white turn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: H2_Hard_Boiled_Eggs_Beauty_1.jpg (31KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
H2_Hard_Boiled_Eggs_Beauty_1.jpg
31KB, 620x620px
Why when I cook my eggs in a frying pan, does the egg white turn to the consistency of plastic?

Am I getting some kind of cheapass low quality garbage eggs, am I cooking it all wrong, or is it normal?

I've tried google searching about this but apparently I'm the only person in the world who finds his eggwhites cooking to the consistency and taste of rubberized plastic.
>>
You're overcooking them you utter dingus.

Turn your heat down and stop splashing the oil overtop.
>>
>>9212210
>Turn your heat down

no, keep heat at same level and cook them for less time, have hot oil in the pan before adding egg.

pan is to be HOT before you cook food, you don't add food then heat up the pan
>>
>>9212215
You can preheat a pan without heating it up too hot you troglodyte

You're frying eggs, not searing a steak. The pan doesn't need to be nuclear.
>>
>>9212203
are you using a nonstick pan

i used to try cooking eggs in a non-nonstick pan and this would always happen even if i used nonstick spray

you might need fresher eggs too. with older ones the whites tend to thin out more
>>
>>9212215
>pan is to be HOT before you cook food
No, that's not quite right. There are exception where you start with the food in a cold pan.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAfmfCArUgA
>"No oil. Start the duck breast in the pan, cold"
>>
I used to cook eggs on low heat for a really long time until they were "just perfect" too, until I realized how much better they turned out by cooking them in a hot pan with a little oil. You should be able to take the eggs off the pan after cooking for no more than a minute. Turn off the heat when they are just barely undercooked and as you are putting them in your plate and they are sitting on your plate cooling down, the final softness will continue cooking so that they will be perfectly done by the time you eat them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.