[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get around the herb and spice jew? I already know stores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Herbs-And-Spices-11.jpg (135KB, 824x517px) Image search: [Google]
Herbs-And-Spices-11.jpg
135KB, 824x517px
How do I get around the herb and spice jew? I already know stores jip you on basil since I grow my own and that shit grows like a fucking weed. There is no way these other spices should cost so damn much.
>>
>>9211989
Grow your own herbs and just buy your damn spices. If you can't cough up $3 for a years worth of a spice, you probably shoud find a better job than McDonald's.
>>
>>9211996
>$3
>year supply
Yeah see this is the problem, $3 gets me maybe a month or two of herb. Where are you buying that you can get a bulk package for 3 fucking dollars?
>>
>>9212006
You know that isle where you can buy the $6 30g glass viles of McCormic spices?

Look a little farther down and you will find big bags of the same shit for $4
>>
>>9212020
Stores near me don't have those big bags. Not even my local Wal-Mart (it kinda sucks ass).
>>
File: saffron.jpg (41KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
saffron.jpg
41KB, 330x500px
>>9211989
Try getting your spices only as you need them, and from various choices. If you want a good idea what each spice actually costs per pound, reference sellers like penzeys or dean and deluca. Look it up. Then you know.

Badia (latin) brand is well priced right about what is a proper price, with different prices per bottle across the board. There are some great finds there if you look closely. I use them for whole nutmeg, 6 or so at a time for eggnog and bechamel mostly, saffron, 8 recipes worth for about $3, whole allspice I put in pickles, roasts and teas, the cheapest and nicest quality bay leaves, jamaican style curry powder, dry rub jerk seasoning I slather all over whole pork loin on the grill since I grill often.

You can get some things at the dollar store without worry, giant canisters of dried onion or parsley if you use that in BBQ rubs, doesn't matter much. Shop at asian markets for some things like whole green cardamom, cloves.

One thing to know... you can't skimp on by brand and quality for Cinnamon and Vanilla, sadly. Buy the best. Low cost cinnamon is likely fake cassia and toxic. Similar stories exist for fake vanilla flavoring. Fresh paprika is a must. Replace often. Herbs are often better whole or fresh.

Protip: your anti-Semitic word choice is offensive to me, others and should embarrass yourself if you were wiser. You should stop.
>>
>>9212028
Amazon has them.
>>
Buy in bulk at at a membership warehouse?
Buy from an international grocer?
Buy from the international aisle?

Don't buy anything grown or packaged in India.
Don't buy anything that doesn't disclose where it was grown, which is typical of spices and blends used in Indian cuisine.
>>
File: 5143670620_81039d39d1_z.jpg (155KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
5143670620_81039d39d1_z.jpg
155KB, 640x428px
>>9212067
>Don't buy anything grown in the place where all these spices are from
>>
>>9212076
>the place where all these spices are from
I was thinking the same thing as you. Spices are all pretty third world. I wouldn't buy Himalayan pink salt from a country that doesn't at least connect to that mountain range.

But, I think he meant like China. We always need to check labels for "Made in China" or the similar "packaged in Canada" Obvious reasons. Dollar stores are where this is a frequent problem. Why my jelly belly flops are from Brazil, is surprising to me. I guess it's taxes or sugarcane lobby.
>>
>>9212098
>I think he meant like China
I meant India given that I mentioned India twice.
>>
>>9212051
Don't Jewish we would stop with the anti-Semitic jokes? They're not Reich, Anne to be Frank I do nazi the point in them.

Kike.
>>
>>9211989
buy in bulk dumbass

>Cardamom $50/lb
>spoon out 20 pods
>weigh & print label
>pay $0.75
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.