/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of buying one of these electric pots. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 61t712QrOVL._SL1200_.jpg (99KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61t712QrOVL._SL1200_.jpg
99KB, 1200x1200px
I'm thinking of buying one of these electric pots.

I'm a terrible cook.
What things can I cook in this thing to try and get better.

I was thinking indian food or something.

I want food that's really saucy with a lot of things in it.
>>
I just fill mine with oil and use it as a deep fryer. It would be interesting to see some more ideas.
>>
also can I use it as a stir fry maker?

does it get hot enough?
>>
File: Dick.png (383KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Dick.png
383KB, 1155x1155px
>>9209738
No you cannot stir fry in a pot, dumbass.
>>
>>9209741
okay but they make ones like this that are for stir frying

how well do they work?

is it worth it to get one,
how about both of these things?

https://www.amazon.ca/Aroma-AEW-306-5-Quart-Electric-Wok/dp/B000HKJGGW/ref=pd_sbs_79_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=S7R97G07664VBF8QC5NT
>>
>>9209750
>non stick
>wok

you'll never get food hot enough for a real stir fry
>>
File: Great-White-Shark.jpg (65KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Great-White-Shark.jpg
65KB, 615x410px
>>9209750
The only reason I could justify owning this is if you don't have a stove top. If you don't, go for it. Otherwise get a wok and some wooden spoons.
>>
>>9209727
>What things can I cook in this thing to try and get better.
Nothing. Learn to cook with real cookware, not silly gimmicks.

>>9209738
>>does it get hot enough?
Nope.
>>
>>9209754
>you'll never get food hot enough for a real stir fry

this. 100%. The idea of a nonstick wok is just as silly as a perforated condom.
>>
>>9209727
Learn to cook with real equipment. Unless you live in a literal shithole apartment in some absurdly expensive city you probably have a kitchen. Use Google and learn how to use it.
>>
>>9209762
>Nothing. Learn to cook with real cookware, not silly gimmicks.
but it's like a big pot, it looks like it's from an ancient civilization
I wanted to cook indian food in it

>>9209793
>Learn to cook with real equipment.
The problem is I want to cook a lot of food for a long time and I don't know if the range I have will be big enough for big pots.
>>
>>9209727
Do you not have a normal stove?
>>
>>9209727
Buy whatever you want, OP. Most people do for like 20 years, buying every cool kitchen gadget until they make choices based on their countertop space. This is why Goodwill is filled with cheap crock pots, popcorn contraptions, Fry Daddy's, George Foremans, Fondue Pots, sandwich makers, curlyque potato peelers, salad shooters, etc. t's a good way to learn new recipes and techniques that go with your device, and it doesn't actually cost much money. The good stuff? Ice cream maker? Quality espresso machine? Rarely at Goodwill.

I like to "stir fry" in my cast iron skillet. I get it screaming hot. I don't fry when I do asian, no deep frying oil to keep in the middle of the concave bottom, so this is good enough for me. Do you own a cast iron pan? I also have a flat bottom "wok" from Calphalon.

My mom just did an elaborate kitchen remodel and replaced a fantastic old 5 burner professional and pulled out a double oven (1970s stuff that was top of the line back then) on the suggestion of some third world dumbasses doing the design, and then she notices she doesn't have that high butane/amps burner on one of the burners she used to have, and now she can really control the heat, boil water fast, etc. Oh well. Since she has IBS and a recent gall bladder removal, and rotates through some pretty restrictive low fat dinner nights, she likes stir fry + brown rice for lack of symptoms, and she's pretty active on QVC, Overstock, Dealnews, Macys, you know, she got in her mind she wanted an electric wok and she found a deal! I was like, go for it Mom!

It's nice. It is nonstick. It is screamingly hot. Dinner is done in 45 seconds, beginning to end, like at the local takeout. No more Pei Wei runs. Also, she can plug it in where it faces the open kitchen to the family room, be social, watch TV, etc. It's a fun thing. She has 15 empty cabinets and miles of counterspace, who the heck cares about that. It fits her needs to own it. Enjoy yours!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.