[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i've been working in a hotel restaurant as a prep chef with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: $_86.jpg (105KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
$_86.jpg
105KB, 683x1024px
i've been working in a hotel restaurant as a prep chef with some sous chef responsibilities (it's my first kitchen job ever so i got in with zero experience) and i'm still confused at times

still don't know where some things stand, when someone else asks me to do something, i still don't pick it up immediately but i ask them to repeat

so here's a question for people working kitchens: at what time should i be doing everything right? is it normal i'm still not working at 100% after a week? when should i be concerned (if not right fucking now)?
>>
>>9207823
How long have you been working there?

How long does it normally take you to get used to anything new?
>>
>>9207836
oh i'm sorry i thought i mentioned it in OP, i've been working there for 7 days

i've never worked in a kitchen, i got the job because i wanted a career change and i applied for the job (head chef asked me to prepare a 3 course meal for him and i kicked ass)

so far everyone is very nice to me but i'm afraid eventually they will get fed with my slacking

i have no fucking idea how long would it take for me to get used to something new because i've never been in such intense environment
>>
>>9207864
What were you doing before? And why the fuck would you go into this business? Do you not know about the shitty pay? The long hours? Weekdays? Holidays?

As long as you show your determination you'll be fine. I give new people slack because everybody learns at their own pace and some shit just needs repetition and practice. You'll be fine if you don't act like an asshole and people see that you're trying.

Just to be that guy that still can't get it right after a month.
>>
>>9207823
I want to hide under her bed sheets and sniff her farts.
>>
Theres no such thing as a "prep chef". You're a prep cook, you fucking idiot. And your "sous chef responsibilities" are bitch work that the other cooks dont wanna do because you're the FNG.
>>
>>9207864
>i've been working there for 7 days
If your boss is reasonable you'll have 1-3 months to catch on, depending on task complexity. As long as you don't fuck up hard you'll be fine.
>>
>>9207823
If you just need explanation that's fine. Just focus on working cleanly and accurately with your knife. It will take some time to get fast with a blade so just keep trying and keep focusing on technique and practice at home too.

Basically it's mostly repitition. Just keep your cool and always try to help during service if someone needs something immediately.
>>
>>9207823
Ask questions, and most importantly watch what others are doing, always. It'll all click but it takes more than a week when you have no experience. Even with experience there's a bit of a learning curve when you're in a new kitchen. Just don't lose your cool, be receptive to criticism, and always go in with the thought that you'll be better than you were yesterday.
>>
>>9207915
What he described sounds like a chef de partie. Stop being so bitter and angry.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.