[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be at academic conference >meet up with 3 friends for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 0

>be at academic conference
>meet up with 3 friends for lunch
>1 friend brings along a german guy and australian guy
>company paying for everything, so plan to go to a decent lunch restaurant
>roll in with 6 people at lunchtime, so they say there will be a small wait for a table
>australian and german guys having none of it
>they want to leave and find somewhere else that we dont have to wait
>4/6 of us agreed so we left
>german guy has a great restaurant in mind
>okay, we follow him
>ask him what kind of place it is
>"its an amazing frankfurter restaurant"
>so.... hot dogs?
>"ja"
>sigh.jpg
>arrive at the "frankfurter" restaurant (apparently this guy had already been there the day before)
>order a kielbasa with kraut, onions, mustard because thats what you do
>get a shriveled (split in half because why would you cook a sausage whole?) "kielbasa" that somehow tasted like a shittier version of a hotdog
>german guy orders two hot dogs with all sorts of weird shit on it and fries
>$9 for a crappy kielbasa + kraut/mustard (because thats $2 extra)
>upset.tiff

What is it with foreigners and their obsession with American fast food? I'm a born and raised US citizen and I maybe will go to a chipotle or panera out of pure necessity but I dont give a fuck nor do I ever seriously desire fast food. I know plenty of people who get it on occasion, but nothing like the weird fast food lust I see from foreign visitors to the US.

The place was franktuary in Pittsburgh if anyone has been there before. I highly recommend avoiding it unless you are a hot dog enthusiast.
>>
>>9206449
Maybe he just liked it because it reminded him of food from home. Tbh though most fast food tastes okay if it's made properly and not old, a lot of money, time, and research goes into making that stuff taste good. And it sounds like he was just hungry and didn't care too much, just wanted food.
>>
>>9206449
meh generalisations are boring, especially when an american claims foreigners always want fastfood.
some europeans have no idea about food, same as everywhere on the planet, i personally experienced it multiple times the other way around, americans in korea/china heading straight to mcdonalds etc
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.