[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cook a solf-boiled egg? Lke, I want to put a pot on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: EGG EYES.jpg (16KB, 330x417px) Image search: [Google]
EGG EYES.jpg
16KB, 330x417px
How do I cook a solf-boiled egg?
Lke, I want to put a pot on the stove, pop the eggs in and take a shower in the meantime, what time should I set on the timer?
>>
>>9200921
There are a lot of variables;
- temperature of the eggs (fridge or room temp?)
- temperature of the water (pre-boiled or room temp?)

Now that I write it out I guess there are only two variables. If you use cold eggs and cold water then you can comfortably take a shower and still get a soft boiled egg.

Just set a timer and do some trial runs, it's not that hard. Then cut each egg into quarters and add spices in different ratios until you become the egg messiah.
>>
>>9200943
i use refrigerated eggs and want to start in cold water so i have more time for shower. i guess ill refer to trial and error method eventually but i thought maybe somebody here does them this way and knows approximate cooking time.
>>
>>9200921
6 minutes then immediately put in an ice bath
>>
>>9200986
>put in an ice bath
I'd want a hot to warm soft boiled egg, not a cold one. I do run my hard boiled eggs under cold water for a while though. It aids easy removal from the shell.
>>
>>9200921
>Lke, I want to put a pot on the stove, pop the eggs in and take a shower in the meantime, what time should I set on the timer?
1) don't leave a burner on withou you being in the room. Ever.
2) good news, for soft boiled that you don't mind going into hard boiled, you don't have to leave a burner on if you want to shower.

Procedure:
Cold water to cover cold eggs by one inch.
Bring to rolling boil.
Lid on. Turn off burner.
Do not lift lid for 15 minutes (soft), 20 minutes (hard), drain and then submerge in ice water to stop the cooking if intending to peel or use later.

Now, your pot might be thin and has a sucky lid, or it might be a heavy le crueset. Your house might be cold. Small eggs vs jumbo eggs. There are variables to how long it takes you to reach your perfect soft state and not carryover cook them beyond that. Once you have a pot tested out, you'll know the right minutes for you. Personally, I'd shower during the cold plunge bath.

One of my own breakfast prep while showering is
CheesyGrits with egg. 1) 2 packets of instant grits, cooked 3 minutes in 4 cup bowl in microwave, 2) pat of butter on top, crack in a raw egg or two, and layer on a slice of cheese. 3) 30 seconds in microwave. 4) Go shower. In other words, leave it with the carryover cooking submerged in those warm grits under the cheese. 5) Eat at perfect temp, soft boiled about 10 minutes later, or nuke 10 seconds to rewarm, depending on your speed of getting ready.
You can also microwave in a glass pyrex custard cup a layer of eggs to flip out onto a toasted english muffin a la McD's style. Raw egg, salt, pepper, slice of deli ham, slice of cheese, cover all with plastic wrap tightly (even night beforehand). Nuke 2 minutes while you make your toast. Use knife to loosen edges. The microwave time varies of course, but you shouldn't take it to a green state to get the egg done or cheese melted.
>>
>>9201045
>instant grits
>microwave
>pat of butter
>slice of cheese
>a la McD's style
You'd be better off just sleeping in and skipping breakfast all together.
>>
>>9201045
>instant grits

Eat a bullet.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.