[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be cooking a chicken curry, need advice! Ingredients:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: chicken_curry.jpg (880KB, 1633x1224px) Image search: [Google]
chicken_curry.jpg
880KB, 1633x1224px
I'm going to be cooking a chicken curry, need advice!

Ingredients:
500g chicken breast, skinless/boneless/diced
1 big onion, sliced and diced
half a bulb of garlic, finely chopped
rice
knob of ginger, peeled
1 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp plain flour
500ml chicken stock
2 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt
green peas
salt and pepper

Method:
1) On high heat, cook the chicken with olive oil and then place to one side.
2) Reduce heat to medium, cook the onions, then add garlic. Add chicken back to the pan.
3) Add curry powder, ground coriander, ground turmeric, paprika, salt & pepper, and tomato puree and cook for a few more minutes.
4) Add plain flour and cook for a few minutes.
5) Add stock and leave to simmer for half an hour.
6) Take off the heat and stir in yoghurt, serve with rice and peas.
For the rice: boil in water with the ginger and remove the ginger when it's done. For the peas: also boil in water.

I'm wondering why plain flour is used in this. I've seen it mentioned in a few recipes and my only guess is that it helps to thicken it. Please let me know if this is a good way to cook a simple chicken curry!
>>
>>9200836
Don't use chicken breast
If those quantities are preground spices it's going to be pretty bland.

The hardest part of this is going to be cooking the rice properly if you're going with basmati or similar fragrant rice.
>>
>>9200836
chicky thighs is better for curry
the flour is there to thicken
>>
>>9200860
What quantities would you recommend for the spices? 2 tbsp instead of 1?
>>
>>9200836
No idea what's in your "curry powder" OP but for future reference good curry has
Whole cumin seeds
Whole cardamom
Whole cinnamon
You fry them for like 15 seconds then add your onions and stuff back in and you take them out at the end of the cooking process.
>>
>>9200836
you need some garam masala in there, won't taste like a curry otherwise, where did you get that recipe?
>>
>>9200885
see:
>>9200898
you can also chuck some cloves in there
also paprika generally isn't used in indian cooking, i'm guessing they're using it for colour in this recipe
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.