[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents the terrible cooks edition >mother would boil whole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: img_1310.jpg (2MB, 3802x2535px) Image search: [Google]
img_1310.jpg
2MB, 3802x2535px
My parents the terrible cooks edition
>mother would boil whole chicken because it's "easier"
>pork with zero fat slow cooked with cream of mushroom soup cans
>dad cooked everything well done because food safety
>all veggies boiled to mushiness
>chicken parm consists of unseasoned, unbreaded chicken breasts baked with canned tomato sauce on top

I can't be the only one who dealt with this crap growing up
>>
Whole poached chicken is a lovely family meal though. Especially with little herby suet dumplings
>>
>>9197567
How does it feel to be an adult and still bitch incessantly about such trivial shit?
>>
>>9197575
I'm not bitching just stating a fact that I'm hoping someone can relate to
>>
My mom is a great cook but she always buys the cheapest and lowest quality chicken thighs and then slowcooks them.

Zero fucking taste and it has the texture of slime, I don't understand why she does this.
>>
>>9197573
No seasonings no thought put into it just a raw chicken thrown into a pot with water
>>
>>9197593
>chicken thighs and then slowcooks them.
>Zero fucking taste and it has the texture of slime, I don't understand why she does this.
That slime is the lusciousness of the rendered marrow and connective tissue. It's a good way to cook dark meat.

See what I did there?

It's a really common thing for a young punk of a child who had parents who were healthy eaters, quick prep cooks, to feel empowered by a few cooking shows. You're not suddenly higher IQ than your parents, no matter what you think. It's just your immature frontal lobe spouting crap. Your parents who cared about food safety were caring and smarter than you, obviously. Pork doesn't have zero fat, but if you were cooking with cream of mushroom soup, you wouldn't need any fat anyway. That's kind of the point of it, creamy texture without adding fat. It's the preseasoned equivalent of using evaporated milk rather than full fat cream.

>>9197589
>I'm not bitching just stating a fact that I'm hoping someone can relate to
Of course you're bitching. What do you hope to gain from hoping someone relates to you? You didn't use any humor. You used to word "crap" to bitch about their cooking.

In my house, my mother made delicious food, but she was cautious about overuse of butter if it wasn't needed. We were early adopters of all nutritious food trends, from olive oil to fry our eggs, to actually never deepfrying at home, not even once. Panfrying was just for southern reasons, okra and green tomatoes, or german potato pancakes. If it didn't need fat added, it didn't get it. What happens in restuarants is like a free pass, where there's no problem dunking bread in plates of oil, getting fried fish, or a delicious steak, but portions were watched and leftovers were planned with a knife.

My mom never made poverty food in terms of cheaper food cuts, she just reduced the portion of the pork chop and added an additional vegetable side or course.
>>
>>9197624
You suck the fun out of everything.
>>
>>9197624
You must be really hard to be around
>>
>>9197624
Well now I understand why she does this. No wonder her and I are skeletons while my dad is a piggie.
>>
>>9197624
>of course you're bitching
I'm just telling what the food was like growing up. I'm a well fed adult that was subjected to shitty cooking growing up and wanted to hear similar stories.
>>
>>9197656
You're expressing your disdain for something that happened to you. You're bitching. Thats ok though anon, everyone bitches.
>>
>>9197663
I'm creating a conversation, something that you seem incapable of
>>
>>9197624
you are the reason home cooks shouldnt be allowed on this board
>>
>>9197690
Dark Chicken has much more flavor than it's white counterpart.

Kind of like real life and the kind or cock women prefer. It is simple, dark is always superior in every way.

How can white men even compete?
>>
>>9197567
I've never had this problem.
I've always fucking LOVED my mum's cooking.
My dad never really cooks, but recently he's been doing Christmas dinner every year for the family and it's always turned out pretty fucking decent.
>>
>>9197624
>thinking fat is unhealthy

LOL
>>
>>9197715
I'm getting my dad into cooking and he's pretty decent at it. He understands the basics of what makes good food good, i.e. searing, braising with flavorful liquids, and basic grilling. My mother however seems unwilling to change her ways
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.