[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got invited to a get together at Texas Roadhouse. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_4111.jpg (30KB, 300x152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4111.jpg
30KB, 300x152px
Got invited to a get together at Texas Roadhouse.

I've never been.

What should I
>expect
>order
>avoid

I'm assuming it's just cheap steak. Are there any hidden gems there?
>>
The cooking staff are just regular dudes, so nothing amazing. It's edible and not pricy. They have cinnamon butter spread for your rolls. I'd eat there again
>>
When the staff starts dancing it's considered polite to toss peanuts at the girls asses.
>>
>>9186815
The fried pickles are good. It's just your average family steakhouse otherwise.
>>
>>9186815
>expect
An army of hispanic high school employees.
>order
Sirloin medium rare.
>avoid
Expensive fruity drinks.
>>
Tell them it's your birthday
>>
I recommend the loaded sweet potato for a side, totally worth the risk of 'beetus
>>
>>9186888
>avoid expensive fruity drinks
why?
>>
>>9186815
Chili's/Applebee's tier family restaurant
Onion bloom is good.
If you value your sanity, do not mention birthdays. They started thier little song and dance for someone as I was leaving. I all but ran to the counter to pay and leave.
>>
>>9187114
Had forgot about those. They are decent.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (34KB, 276x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
34KB, 276x200px
>>9187114
>tfw getting both the loaded sweet potato and a baked potato as the two sides to accompany 2 pork chops
>after eating a full basket of those biscuits

I regret nothing. NOTHING.
>>
>>9186815
Much like red lobster the best thing to get is the bread. Those rolls they have are god tier.
>>
split a combo appetizer with someone and get a steak
>>
File: IMG_4112.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4112.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Started off with the Caesar salad. Drenched in dressing. Surprisingly crisp lettuce given the amount of sauce.
>>
>>9186815
Yeah, it is kind of a Longhorn / Outback quality steakhouse chain. It is Texas / Country Music themed so it is kind of annoying unless you like that kind of thing.
The steaks are good. They are always well seasoned. I have eaten at a few of them, and the steaks are generally cooked properly. If you order medium rare, it could come back anywhere from rare to medium, but you won't risk getting some way overcooked disk like at Applebees.
If you are a poorfag, get the pork chop or country fried steak. If someone you don't like is paying the bill, get the bone-in ribeye.
>>
>>9187328
was the baked potato loaded as well or just the sweet potato?
>>
>>9187440
Both. The sweet potato with marshmallows and some sort of brown sugar/caramel glaze, and the baked potato with cheddar cheese and bacon bits.

It was glorious. I like Texas Roadhouse, but since it's a franchise, the quality of your experience depends a lot on how well it's managed. The one near me does a pretty good job, so I swing by there now and then.
>>
Their salads are surprisingly tasty. They make them fresh along with their own dressings. The honey french is da bomb.

As far as meat, the steaks are all okay. I quite like the kebab or the country fried chicken when I feel like being a fatass.
>>
Only place I've had mashed potatoes in that still has the potato peels in them. Not even saying that's a bad thing because their mashed potatoes are fucking good
Dont go if you have a peanut allergy as there are peanut shells all over the floor
>>
>>9187646
>not separating different thoughts into paragraphs
Back to elementary school, junior
>>
>>9187646
>d-different paragraphs are bad!

Back to le Reddit with you.

OP here.

I ordered the 11 oz sirloin, rare.

It was pretty ok for $13, but a little salty.
>>
Steakhouse, eh? Were you with a hot babe?
>>
>>9187646
Does

this
trigger
you?
>>
File: 1264875530283.jpg (29KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
1264875530283.jpg
29KB, 373x327px
>>9187646

This is some advanced autism right here. Not only does this person care about minute, irrelevant differences between commenting styles on two different publicly-accessible websites, they actually care about it to the point where they will take the time to point it out in a comment, as if people would actually care.

It's both fascinating and kind of sad.
>>
If you order onions and mushrooms with your steak, they will forget them every time.
>>
>>9186815
AVOID Roadkill.

It's in the steak section, but it's really just a hamburger patty with cheese, mushroom, and onion.

DO NOT order that medium rare.
>>
>>9187859
>>9187776
>>9187743
>>9187715
upvoted
>>
>>9187646
>weapon

>grade

>autism
>>
File: 1160322260120.jpg (28KB, 274x409px) Image search: [Google]
1160322260120.jpg
28KB, 274x409px
>>9187715
>One sentence = a paragraph
WEW
>>
You might not get a steak how you asked for it. They make a good sirloin either way.
>>
>>9187200
Did you just turn 21, or are you inexperienced ordering drinks? Anytime you get a drink from some chain restaurant like Chilis/Applebees/TGIF you are getting the weakest cocktail ever that is pretty much all HFCS with a splash of booze. I can't tell you how many times I've been out to one of these places and cringe at all the retards ordering fruity "margaritas" and "martinis" that turn out to be weak as shit and overly sweet.

tl;dr order a glass of fruit juice instead it's the same thing but $5 less
>>
>>9187743
Don't give me that bullshit, nigger. Paragraphs are fine when you actually have a lot to write. There's no fucking reason whatsoever to make a new "paragraph" for each sentence unless you're from plebbit and used to typing like that.
>>
>>9188241
I think you're just upset.

Or you can't understand sarcasm.

Either way, I win.
>>
>>9187646
Shut the fuck up, faggoty faggot summerfag. You are ass aids. Go reply to every post on /b/ threads, retard.
>>
Avoid the green beans.
>>
>>9189129
Wow you're so new please leave and never return.
Kthanks.
>>
Get the roadkill and rattlesnake bites
>>
>>9186815
>Go to Colorado Rockies game
>They only sell Texas Roadhouse peanuts

Could they be anymore cucked? Should Colorado just bow down to their Texan overlords now??
>>
>>9186815
>expect
even in my lazy state it's always packed and loud
the front of house people line dance in the center of the restaurant occasionally
an infinite supply of bread rolls and cinnamon butter
err on the side of rare, i've ordered rare plenty of times and it's come medium rare, still a great steak at that point though

>order
steak

>avoid
pork, cactus blossom, anything deep fried, the drinks are fuckin' expensive

>I'm assuming it's just cheap steak
The prices at the restaurants are pretty comparable to what an steak would cost at a supermarket (in my state, at least): about $27 for 1.5 lbs of angus ribeye, for instance. Not terribly cheap
>>
The chili is hecking god tier there.
Order with extra onions
>>
>>9188241
In print journalism, there's generally a line break between every major thought or point. Accordingly the paragraphs are no more than a few sentences.*smirks*

I'm writing a snide hitpiece on 4chan for The Huffington Post (why I'm even here XD), so it's also what I'm used to. And of course I also am a Redditor.
>>
File: IMG_1434.jpg (30KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1434.jpg
30KB, 220x300px
>>9192595
>print journalism
>Huffington Post
Retard.
>>
>>9192595
>In print journalism, there's generally a line break between every major thought or point
Does context not matter to you? What you do when you're writing for the (((Huffington Post))) is not what you should do everywhere else, especially since nobody thinks (((Huffington Post))) has competent writers in the first place.
>>
I love their prime rib and those buns with cinnamon butter are delicious.
>>
>>9186815
Easily my favorite with a side of steak fries and either chili or green beans.
>>
File: 1489361082302.jpg (19KB, 420x354px) Image search: [Google]
1489361082302.jpg
19KB, 420x354px
I ate there the other night for the first time and was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I had a half rack of ribs with steak fries and caesar salad. Ribs/sauce were really good and like another anon said, the rolls come with cinnamon butter which were nice.

Would def go back again.
>>
Their side order chili is pretty good and it comes with shredded cheese and red onions on it bowl is a tad small though (but that could be my fatass talking)
>>
File: 1478652566994.jpg (318KB, 760x797px) Image search: [Google]
1478652566994.jpg
318KB, 760x797px
SADDLE UP

SADDLE UP
>>
Get a steak, ribs, or a burger. It's nothing special and it's alright for the price.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.