[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kale, cucumber, celery, blueberries, garlic cloves, ginger root,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: smoothie.jpg (84KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
smoothie.jpg
84KB, 770x433px
Kale, cucumber, celery, blueberries, garlic cloves, ginger root, brown flaxseed meal, and cold water from the water cooler.

These are the ingredients for the smoothies I make every other morning, but I'm looking for ideas to mix things up.

I'm limiting my carb/sugar intake, so I only want one serving of fruit for this, but what else could I add? Natural peanut butter maybe? Coconut water?

Does anyone else make healthy smoothies like this for breakfast?
>>
No reason to limit carbs from whole fruits. You've only blueberries in there anyways
>>
>>9181564
this isn't even really food at this point, just a soylent
go ask /fit/
>>
File: 1499110300208.jpg (37KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499110300208.jpg
37KB, 600x800px
>>9181571
Let's not get into that debate.
>>9181585
It's not a meal replacement—I make and drink this alongside a big omelet stuffed with mushrooms, scallions, cheese, and all that shit—and it actually tastes pretty good if your blender's good enough to shred everything into tiny bits.
>>
>>9181564
I've made similar ones.

I like to add yogurt to mine, it's tasty and very nutritious. Good for probiotics too. Coconut milk or water is an option.
>>
>>9181616
Is that a chocolate gorilla in a bowl of milk
>>
>>9181659
looks like it
>>
>>9181641
Fucking yogurt, of course. Some Greek yogurt to add creaminess could work out really well, good idea.
I was thinking of using peanut butter for the same reason but I'm concerned it might make the whole concoction taste like shit. I mean, I've put pb on celery before and that's fine, but mixing pb and garlic and kale is a whole other story.
>>9181659
It is.
>>
>>9181671
I tend to go one of two routes with my smoothies.

If I go veggie then I tend to stick mostly with veggies. Kale, ginger, cucumber, lemon, celery, and apple is my go-to.

Other days I go with yogurt, coconut milk, frozen berries (usually blueberries) and/or other fruit, etc.
>>
>>9181678
I'd think adding lemon would make the ginger more noticeable, so I'll have to give that a shot too. Cutting into this ginger root every other morning makes me think how good this stuff smells, but I barely taste it in the finished product. It just adds a bit of a pleasurable burn I feel in my throat.
Just now though I made the smoothie outlined in the OP, minus garlic, plus a serving of natural peanut butter. There's so much other shit in here that the pb has a pretty muted taste but it's definitely there. It tastes almost like peanut butter-flavored protein shake powder . . . which I guess would be another option to add to these things.
I'll definitely try coconut milk/water though. Cold water works well, but improving the taste even more couldn't hurt. And maybe I'll do frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit since it's more convenient and will lower the temperature a bit more.
>>
>>9181564
I would honestly sub the blueberries for banana, and add basil.
>>
>>9181564
Watch the coconut milk you use. A lot of that shit has added sugar. The vegetable ingredients I use most are kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, cilantro, ginger, and various squashes. The sweet stuff I mix up often. Apples, bananas, beets, berries, grapes, cherries, etc. you'll just have to play around with different combos and make note of what you like. Greek yogurt is good for texture too.
>>
What does it taste like? Say I've never had a veggie smoothie in my life, but I'd like to get into it. Is it actually good?
>>9181564
>>
>>9183376
Oh, and how much of everything should I use?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.