[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not a good cook at all I just make really basic things.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ohNzbP1r49cgr_540.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ohNzbP1r49cgr_540.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
I'm not a good cook at all I just make really basic things. So I got a cooking rack for when i bake chicken and I can't seem to bake it without the bottom getting kinda soggy. I do marinade them prior.

I've also tried cooking for half them, turning them over, then letting cook for the rest of the time.

Any tips?
>>
Bake chicken as in portions? What temperature? Need a few more details to really give my opinion, but if you're roasting a full chicken under a broiler then set the rack aside and just lay the chicken atop a bed of aromatic vegetables.
>>
Its called marinating. You cunt whore you.
>>
>>9176284
I basically make huge containers full of chicken breast/thighs to last the work week. I've been doing 400 - 420 for about 45 minutes.

I also forgot to mention that this is a question for breaded chicken.
>>
>>9176303
Where's the fat going? Are you just letting all the fat and oil come out of the chicken and pool at the bottom and make everything all soggy and greasy and horrible?
>>
>>9176335
Nah I got a cooking rack so the fats go down into the pan while the rack keeps them away from it all. However even with flipping them I can't keep to get them nice and crispy on both ends. Just one really.
>>
>>9176337
And this is breaded? Are you frying the breading before it goes in the oven or what
>>
>>9176340
Yeah, I fry it first.
>>
>>9176303
Well in that case a rack shouldn't be necessary at all. Set the pieces flat on a greased baking sheet or line the baking sheet with foil (much easier cleanup). I bake chicken at least once a month and the bottoms tend to be juicy, but they're never breaded so I guess that's why mine is never soggy. The only time my chicken is breaded is when I'm frying it, not baking. Food Network says you should only need to bake breaded chicken at 350 for 30 or so minutes, so maybe the higher heat you're using makes the juices bleed out faster?
>>
>>9176344
okay yeah don't do that. If you have a gas oven the burning gas creates water vapor, which will make your chicken soggy. You're better off just deep frying the chicken and microwaving it if you want it hot again.
>>
>>9176345
350 for 30? Isn't that kinda low?

>>9176356
I'll practice my frying then. I'm generally not good with gauging when chicken is done.
>>
File: spin_prod_1194680212.jpg (5KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
spin_prod_1194680212.jpg
5KB, 245x245px
>>9176375
Get a thermometer. I have a cheap one similar to pic related, but the sheath is white with doneness temperatures listed on it. By the time the included battery has died you should be able to gauge how well food is cooked without it. 350 for 30 may sound low, but always keep in mind that oven temperatures and cooking times can vary a bit; In my oven the Food Network recipe may actually be 375 for 30, but that's only because it's at least 15 years old.

I don't know how you're frying your chicken, but all that matters is that it's at a lower temp than what you'd fry anything else at. Portions in a deep fryer should be kept at 350 until they float and are golden brown. When pan frying, try to maintain a medium low and avoid the oil going higher than 325 for 10 minutes per side.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.