[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never cooked pork before. How do I make this and what spices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170715_162819954.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170715_162819954.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Never cooked pork before. How do I make this and what spices do I put on it?
>>
do it up white, overcooked with no spices
you'll thank me later senpai
>>
>>9173713
you cook it medium well without any seasoning
>>
>>9173713
Brine them before cooking to make them less dry.
>>
>>9173713
My favorite is make a BBQ dry rub then grill them on a hot flame till 145 internal temp(should feel like a medium steak if you can tell by feel). Let them rest while you heat up a can of baked beans.

Other good sides include anything that goes well with BBQ.

Or you can do a garlic, onion and rosemary. Serve with white wine and a seasonal greens salad.
>>
Honestly, if you're going to just fry it it's going to be meh.

The best way to cook these is to roast them. The taste is miles better.

Basic recipe:
>casserole
>bed of onions, carrots and peas optional
>add thickly sliced potatoes over onions and season lightly
>insert small slices of garlic in pork chops and put the pork chops on top, season the pork chops
>add water till the potatoes are mostly covered but the pork chops are still dry
>drizzle some oil
>bake until pork chops are done (I mean the will get super tender and red on surface) I takes me an hour in my shitty electric oven
>>
>>9173726
Don't, they are already brined from the store. Look at the lable, if you brine them again they will have the same texture as ham.
>>
>>9173713
Sage and thyme are great for pork. It also goes well with a little acid and sweetness to cut the pork's natural greasiness. Orange, lemon, apricot, peach, grapes, and lime are great fruits for doing this. Vinegar can work very well too, balsamic or apple cider are best.
>>
File: amibeingtrolledbytheun.jpg (61KB, 454x447px) Image search: [Google]
amibeingtrolledbytheun.jpg
61KB, 454x447px
>>9173713
Frying pan medium heat, small amount of oil or butter of your choice. Season with seasoning salt, a pepper/salt mix, or skip the seasoning and use a BBQ sauce on the finished product.

Cook until golden or brown. Go slow and you will be fine. Use about the same heat as to cook a grilled cheese sandwich.

Or cut into long strips about finger width wide and cook on higher heat. I'd suggest adding soy sauce to it and cook until a dark brown.

Or you can BBQ them.
>>
Tonkatsu

>fry in panko breading
>make tonkatsu sauce
>serve over rice with egg and sauce
>>
>>9173797
I actually have panko bread crumbs so I could do this.
>>
>>9173807
It's delish
Here's a decent recipe:
http://www.japanesecooking101.com/tonkatsu-deep-fried-pork-recipe/
I like to season the flour with a bit of chili powder and some herbs too though
>>
>>9173713

I use those cuts for stir fry's, burritos, schnitzels, with cabbage....pretty much anything. They're very versatile and your imagination is your only limit.

Try this one...
1 cup chopped pork
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped pineapple
1/2 cup chopped carrot
chili peppers to taste
3 cloves of chopped garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp alspice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Soy sauce to taste

Marinate chopped pork in 1 tbs of oil, soy, 1 minced clove of garlic, pinch of sugar for at least 20 mins.

In a pan using high heat, add onion, bell pepper, and carrot, and cook until they're warm, but not sweated. Add the pork, and cook until done. Add seasonings, chili, and use the pineapple to deglaze the pan and mix well, and then take the pan off the heat. Adjust seasoning as needed, and serve with rice or noodles before the veggies get mushy.
>>
File: IMG_20170715_172526017.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170715_172526017.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
Decided to make tonkatsu
>>
>>9173713
pan fry 30 seconds on each side, dash of salt and pepper, serve cold
>>
>>9173713
Pork Chops tend to stand out with a sweet and savory seasoning like a teriyaki or a try a mixture of hoisin sauce, five spice powder, ginger, and honey. You want to throw some salt, pepper, and garlic on it then throw it in a very hot pan to sear up both sides then brush on your preffered sauce and cook till the center is white and you have reached a temperature of 145f. When it reaches that temperature take it off the heat and let it rest for 3 minutes and indulge your om nom nom.
>>
>>9173936
Show me the after pics buddy, never had someone take my suggestion on /ck/ before
>>
File: IMG_20170715_175106261.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170715_175106261.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>9173983
My mom ate hers first, she said she loved it. I'm eating mine and I really like it. Want to buy cabbage and make sauce for next time so it's more authentic.
>>
>>9174008
Looks good!
Definitely serve with the sauce next time. You can find it at any asian market.
I like to eat it as a donburi with rice and a bit of egg (raw or scrambled) too. Makes a very filling dish. It's more of a fast food lunch fare, but I eat it for dinner at least twice a month.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.