[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is really expensive food never better than cheap food? Honestly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 057098432570329487523.jpg (47KB, 414x336px) Image search: [Google]
057098432570329487523.jpg
47KB, 414x336px
Why is really expensive food never better than cheap food?
Honestly I'd rather go to a low budget cookout than a 5 star restaurant
I'm not sure why
>>
poor faggot. hahaha.
>>
>>9170373
>randomly layer of cheeses, tomato and lettuce
what the fuck is his problem
>>
>>9170373
>Why is really expensive food never better than cheap food?
It is, it just might not be worth it to you, but I'm the same way. As long as the food is healthy and tastes good I'm happy. Somebody had offered to take me to an expensive steakhouse for my birthday and pay for everything but I just wanted to go to a cheaper, but still good, buffet.

>inb4 must be fat for wanting to eat at buffet
Nah
>>
>>9170373
Same for me, I'll go have a filet at a steakhouse and never crave it again, but when I go to this local cheesesteak spot I always want to go back
>>
>>9170373
Because the things you think are 5 star are merely things poor people think rich people eat. You still eat like a poor person.
>>
>>9170486
Because you managed to choose the one cut on the steer with zero fat or flavour, that's why.
>>
>>9170508
>filet has zero flavour
wot's wrong with ur tastebuds m8
>>
>>9170373
because you're a plebe with shit tastes and don't live near any good restaurants in your shithole, flyover town.
>>
>>9170373
the methods for cooking cheaper cuts require more seasonings sometimes and usually longer cooking times and the vegetables that go with them have followed suit somewhat. beans and greens tend to simmer a while and get similarly seasoning.
also, more people have lower income more rural ancestors than have ancestry that would have only eaten higher on the animal, thus passing down and becoming accustom to the lower cuts and longer cooks. it's why nearly likes or can easily learn to like BBQ and soul food type meals.
>>
>>9170373
>>9170486

The wealthy eat the same as the poor. Haute Cuisine is a sale of the experience. You pay dosh to enjoy the service, the ambiance, the texture and tastes of the food, and the overall illusion sold by the venue.

By contrast, simple food pleasures speak to us on a more primal and often nostalgic level.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.