[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is canned cheese always fucking terrible? is it only americans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: gross.jpg (40KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
40KB, 500x333px
Is canned cheese always fucking terrible? is it only americans that can eat it? I've encountered very few things I straight up couldn't eat, but nachos in pseudo-cheese is definitely one of them, and I just can't imagine people actually ordering that intentionally. it tastes disgusting.
>>
>>9168435
What is with you children and generalizations!? No Americans don't just eat that, people all around the world do. It's cheaper than actual cheese, so sports stadiums use it, cost effective places will use it in place of real cheese. nachos, pretzels, queso dip. Gas stations use it. Businesses use it because it costs less than cheese.
>>
>>9168435
Queso is a TexMex thing, and fans of it are crazy over it. Yes, it's total trash. The classic recipe is melting Velveeta with a can of Ro-tel tomatoes with green chilies. But it inspires affection among some Americans the same way a grilled American cheese sandwich on white bread does. Basically it's 20th Century foodgore that inspires nostalgia in those who grew up with it.
>>
>>9168450
I don't exactly avoid cheap fastfood, but the only place I've ever encountered this cheese was in an "americanTM burger joint".
And it was so fucking repulsive it boggled my mind, so while this isn't a great thread I just had to have a second opinion, it seems unbelievable that anyone would intentionally eat this.
>>
>>9168435
>Is canned cheese always fucking terrible?

Yes. I'm American and I refuse to eat it.

>> is it only americans that can eat it?
I've seen it in England and the Netherlands during a recent business trip. I can't comment on elsewhere.
>>
I'm British and the only place I've ever seen this is at Taco Bell, and we have very few of those in the country. Yes, it is pretty gross.
>>
>>9168463
The stuff was designed not to be a cheese in the traditional sense, but to turn into a kind of cheese sauce when melted, which it does at relatively low temperature. So you can't really compare it to cheese, you have to think of it as a cheese sauce. And as such many would argue it has it's place - on fast food burgers, in grilled cheese sandwiches, on breakfast sandwiches and in queso (nacho dip). I personally agree that it's kinda gross, but I actually don't mind it on an egg sandwich. I suspect that's conditioning from living most of my life in the US.
>>
>>9168435
This shit belongs on top of a 7-11 Big Bite with onions and jalapenos
>>
>>9168435
I used to be quite snobbish and turned my nose up at it, but now I actually prefer it for some things. Nachos, for instance, as regular cheese hardens after a time and this stays liquid, preventing me from picking up half the goddamned plate when I just wanted one chip.
>>
Aldi brand salsa-con-queso is god tier
>>
>>9168608
It's kind of hard to be snobbish when you eat nachos.
>>
>>9168458
This thread has nothing to do with queso. OP is talking about nacho cheese product, which is different.

Also, TexMex queso is different than the velveeta/rotel concoction you mentioned. TexMex restaurants make chile con queso with real cheese and that is what people are crazy about, not the homemade velveeta version.
>>
>>9168435
This canned cheese in gas station/ball park nachos is one of my guilty pleasures. I've even bought it and made them at home, pic related. Gotta have extra peƱos
>>
>>9168743
You might find this interesting:
https://ny.eater.com/2017/7/13/15965734/chipotle-next-kitchen-queso-taste-test
>>
It reminds me of the 90s and that's why I still dip in.
>>
>>9168780
Thanks, but I stay abreast of queso news and have already tried Chipotle's piss poor attempt at queso
>>
>>9168435
Nobody eats that, you ridiculous foreigner. You put it in your ass to enhance your bowel movement afterwards.
>>
>>9168435
You can probably find some that are better than others but as a general rule canned food doesn't have much flavor and has too much salt. It's usually only used as fast, cheap junk food. You can make something similar and better though:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/09/cheese-sauce-for-cheese-fries-and-nachos.html

I've made this before and it's quite good.
>>
>>9168684
well that's kinda it. I'd describe it as more pretentious than anything. But then I grew up and moved abroad and realized that there is some pleasure to be had in the simple, shitty things sometimes.
>>
>>9168450
>people all around the world do
This is wrong.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.