[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you guys use induction cooktops? I bought a little single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: CR092K13-Thermador.jpg (88KB, 598x436px) Image search: [Google]
CR092K13-Thermador.jpg
88KB, 598x436px
Any of you guys use induction cooktops?

I bought a little single unit because I was intrigued by the technology and wanted to cook shit at work but my god this thing is amazing. I use it more than my gas range. Once I got accustomed to the settings/temps I find it very convenient to know exactly what heat I'm going to get

And it gets hot as fuck, way better sear on steaks than my smallish gas range.

Swear to god any stove I ever buy will be an induction/gas combo
>>
Well guess not, you all should do yourselves a favor and cook on one. Amazingly consistent and responsive
>>
>>9166113
I hate induction almost as much as normal electric burners. They have all the issues of normal electric burners except the heating element does not bend out of shape as easily and they tend to heat up faster. They are a little safer for those who are too retarded to be trusted with a pool noodle. They use cyclical heating and you're screwed if your pan warps in the slightest. They're much more expensive than the pros are worth to me.
>>
>>9166205

What issues are you talking about here?

Electric tops are way different because they constantly turn off and on due to their nature and safety settings, induction doesn't have those limitations
>>
>>9166225
Induction uses cyclical heating just like other electric burners. The only ones that do not are thousands of dollars per burner, modeled off of laboratory equipment.
>>
>>9166237

What shape are gas burners?
>>
>>9166258
Depends what part of the world you are in, but in Poland they are shaped vaguely similar to swastikas.
>>
>>9166205
What 5 dollar pans are you using that warp? Or do you stick it under cold water straight from the stovetop?
>>
>>9166518

Jokes aside that actually seems pretty ideal
>>
>>9166533
Not OP but I think I'm genuinely autistic because I've always been putting hot pots under cool water immediately after cooking. At least now I know I guess, thanks for teaching me something anon.
>>
>>9166565

Why do that? Just because you don't like the thought of them sitting there still being scalding hot for who knows how long until they finally cool?
>>
>>9166565
What does that have to do with autism? Sounds like generic stupidity to me.
>>
>>9166113
I use whatever stove my landlord saw fit to install in my apartment that I share with two other people because I just got out of college and I make $10 an hour.
>>
>>9166113
>cooktop
>>
>>9166205
Dont you know opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one and most of them stink.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.