[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im trying to make a dish but not sure the accurate name for it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Chicken-1.jpg (222KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken-1.jpg
222KB, 1000x750px
im trying to make a dish but not sure the accurate name for it. basically, i just want to make a sauce that i could put over rice that i could make from chicken, seasoning and a little oil.
>>
>>9165588
it's called gravy
>>
What
No, seriously
?
>>
>>9165588

Simple gravy / sauce for n00bs with no ingredients.

Saute chicken and remove.
Add water and butter to deglaze pan.
Reduce until desired consistency is reached, season, and either strain, or pour directly on the rice.
Use flour, or corn starch, if you want a thicker sauce.
>>
>>9165622
do i empty oil after sauteeing or just leave it in there

and thanks for the post
>>
>>9165588

Brown some chicken in a pan, preferably not a nonstick one. When the chicken is done, remove it and set aside. Put a little flour in the pan and cook it in the chicken fat for a couple minutes to make a roux. Deglaze with chicken stock and/or white wine. Reduce it to your desired thickness.
>>
>>9165654
>do i empty oil after sauteeing or just leave it in there

Nope, leave it in. Just be careful when you add liquid because it'll splatter at first.

You can go with a classic roux as stated by dubs >>9165655 and mix some flour into the chicken fat / butter, or you can simply add water, butter, reduce and season.

If I were you, I'd look up some simple pan sauce videos on youtube to get a better feel for your options.

If you want to make your meals 100% better every time, always keep the following on hand for sauces:
1. Stock or broth for both chicken and beef
2. A nice bottle of white wine for deglazing.
3. Butter and flour to add flavor and thicken a sauce with a roux.
4. Milk or cream to make simple white sauces or whatever

Look up "mother sauces" on youtube as well.
>>
>>9165655
would cooking wine work the same? i would guess so

>>9165704
i actually have beef base but no chicken, would beef stock really affect the taste if used with chicken? i did a quick search on pan sauces and it looks very simple
>>
>>9165752
I wouldn't use a beef stock with chicken.

Just go with a roux and use a little water if needed.
>>
>>9165588
Gravy you mean?
>>
>>9165588
Sesame chicken.
>>
>>9165654
the oil is what combines with the flour and butter to make roux which turns into gravy niqqa
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.