[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I bought this pasta, it's kind of leaf shaped, and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 20170713_134624.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_134624.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So, I bought this pasta, it's kind of leaf shaped, and I'm looking for suggestions on what dish would be the best use of it? Anyone?
>>
>>9165382
Looks like a good garnish for another dish, like a chili or soup. It also kinda looks like green vaginas.
>>
>>9165382
Hmm, what's it called? What gives it that green color?
>>
>>9165382
Looks like an orecchiette type.

Flat pasta's like that are best with meat sauces.

Serve them with a ragu, or use them to make a casserole type of dish like a lasagna. They're also great with chopped bacon, sausage, or seafood.
>>
>>9165429
It's made in Italy, and according to the package is made with spinach. The type of pasta is Foglie D'Ulivo. Brand is.....Casa Milo.

Anyway, I want to make something nice with it, but I can't decide what.
>>
Make an escalope milano and use these pasta as a side with some homemade tomato sauce.
>>
>>9165480
Sounds good, I'd do a pasta salad with that I think. Cook the pasta to your preference, toss with olive oil, chopped basil, sliced olives, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar, chopped tomatoes(sun dried or fresh), and diced red onions. Then put it in a bowl and chill for a few hours before serving.
>>
Leave it on display in a jar so people think you have your shit together, and get some whole wheat pasta. Put this on it:

2 cups fresh basil leaves
1⁄4 cup freshly toasted walnuts
2 cloves fresh garlic
1⁄4 of a peeled lemon
1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
1⁄4 inch of fresh turmeric root (or 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder)
1⁄4 cup pinto beans
1⁄4 cup water or liquid from bean can
1 tablespoon white miso
Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
>>
>>9165545
You had me up until...

>1⁄4 inch of fresh turmeric root (or 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder)
>1⁄4 cup pinto beans
>1⁄4 cup water or liquid from bean can
>1 tablespoon white miso
>>
>>9165598
Eh, I can kind of see it happening. The beans are kind of there as a starchy sauce binder. Turmeric is a good spice but I don't know about it here? I guess it'll give everything a nice orangey yellow color? And the miso is just a salty/savory flavoring.

The first ingredients are a sure winner, but I'd add the weird ones as a probable experiment.
>>
File: IMG_5965.jpg (146KB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5965.jpg
146KB, 1422x800px
>>9165598
maybe something simple like this? mushroom and pancetta or bacon.

really like this one as well
http://www.ilpomodorinoconfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/foglie-dulivo-con-zucca-cacio-6.jpg
though it's not season for pumpkins
>>
>>9165382
The shape of your pasta wouldn't go well with thick or chunky sauces-- those are more for the pastas with large crevices for the sauce to become deliciously lodged in.

They look very pretty! I'd use a light oil-based sauce and add some brightly colored sauteed vegetables, definitely. Pls include garlic and onion so I can live vicariously.
>>
File: IMG_5966.jpg (72KB, 961x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5966.jpg
72KB, 961x638px
>>9166089
I agree with you, though it can be used with thick sauces.
apparently this pasta has been commercialized only recently, originated from liguria where they serve it with tomato and porcini mushroom sauce
>>
>>9166088
>maybe something simple like this? mushroom and pancetta or bacon.

There you go.

That'd be the bomb with a simple garlic olive oil sauce and some pecorino or parmigiana cheese.
>>
>>9166117
Oh fuck yes. Good call.
>>
>>9166088
>mushroom and pancetta or bacon.

Dice the bacon / pancetta.
Slice the mushrooms.
Peel 2 cloves of garlic.
Put the water on the boil and toss in your pasta.
In a pan, heat about a tablespoon of butter and brown the shrooms, then set aside.
Add the bacon / pancetta, a little olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, and cook until bacon is caramelized, then set aside and turn down the heat continuing to infuse the fats with the garlic cloves until the pasta is done.
When the pasta is almost al dente, add a little pasta cooking water to the pan and mix, then pull out the garlic cloves, and put the pasta in the pan, top with the shrooms and bacon, and cook until the pasta is completely cooked adding more of the pasta cooking water if needed.
Top with parm / pecorino and mix in the pan with the fats and pasta water until you get a nice creamy consistency that coats everything.
Serve with vino.
>>
>>9166149
Saved.

But by two cloves you mean five, right?
>>
>>9166171

Do what you think is best.

I personally would go with a minimum of 3, chop those bastards, and eat them, but some people don't like garlic, which is why the infusion is offered as an option.
>>
>>9166188
And by "eat them", I mean leave them in the sauce, though I'd add them to the oil later so they wouldn't burn. Probably after I cooked the bacon / pancetta.
>>
>>9165382
here where i live we make green lasagne. i think that pasta would go well with ragù
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.