[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any foods you have eaten while growing up that no one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: applesauce-horiz-a2-2000.jpg (80KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
applesauce-horiz-a2-2000.jpg
80KB, 2000x1333px
Are there any foods you have eaten while growing up that no one else seems to eat?

My mom told me to mix applesauce, milk, and sugar (good afternoon btw) as a kid and from a Google search it seems no one else eats it
>>
My grandfather was a child during the great depression, and evidently the local place they hung out ran out of ice cream to make ice cream floats which were all the rage back then. So they would mix whole milk with root beer at a 1:2 ratio. It was called a Silver Cow and it's delicious. I still make them to this day.
>>
>>9164603
I might try it. Do you freeze the milk?
>>
>>9164592
I never mixed it together like that, but my mom often gave me a glass of milk and homemade applesauce when I was a kid. I thought they tasted good together. I'm not sure why you'd need the sugar though--applesauce already contains it.

>>9164603
I tried mixing milk and coke once, it was pretty bad. But I never tried it with root beer.
>>
>>9164697
Nope no frozen milk, just plain old whole milk
>>9164726
I tried mixing various sodas together after trying the silver cow, and they taste horrible. Root beer is the only one it works with. Try it, it's absolutely delicious.
>>
Bump for more obscure foods
>>
Peanut butter and brown sugar sammies
>>
My mom would make me pasta tossed in a butter-poppyseed-sugar mix

She said they had to eat it during communism, but I think she was just being lazy (still tasted good)
>>
We have the same thing here but instead of milk we use water.
>>
my mom would get frozen dumplings when they were on sale at the korean Mart. she didnt like feeding us fried stuff so she boiled it and then put prego sauce on it.

it was alright. as a kid i loved it but now that i think about it she made it way too much. its pretty much "give em what theyll eat that still isnt fast food"
>>
>>9164603
Dude. Yum. I grew up drinking milk and Pepsi, thanks to Laverne and Shirley. Good stuff. It's also good with RC Cola. I'd say Delaware Punch, too, but they don't make that anymore, I don't think.
>>
>>9164750
Gonna have to be more specific on what kinda rootbeer my dude. All the brands these days taste different.
>>
Holding a cheese ball in your mouth and then drinking Pepsi through it
>>
>Cream of chicken and rice instead of plain chicken noodles soup when sick
>dip crispy potato chips in plain yogurt or sour cream
>egg and tomato Chinese dish I replicate from when I worked for a sushi place (they had an alternative Chinese menu). Thank god the owner's mom showed me how to do it despite her knowing little English and me knowing basic intro Mandarin comments, no conversation
>>
>>9167861
lame met at least a dozen people that did this, regularly, and years apart.
>>
Sandwich made only of sliced cucumber, mayo, salt and pepper. Fucking goddamn hella good, but my brothers and I seem to be the only ones who ever heard of a cucumber sandwich in the US
>>
>>9167893
>never been to a funeral or family reunion in the Deep South
Plenty of cucumber or pimento cheese sandwiches to go around.
>>
My dad would toast hot dog buns and spread cream cheese on them. It's just a lazy pastry I guess. I enjoy them though.

Matzo pizza is sort of obscure, but it's pretty common among jews. It's okay. You never really improve a recipe with bread by substituting matzo.
>>
>>9167814
The rootbeer was your standard flavor, the dark brown kind. A&W is what I usually make it with, but anything similar to that will work. Mug too.

Have any anons tried this yet?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.