[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/! So tomorrow I'm celebrating my birthday, and so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: images (42).jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (42).jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Hi /ck/! So tomorrow I'm celebrating my birthday, and so Ima be working with grass fed beef and pressing it into a patty for burgers. Any advice on working with the stuff, or burger making in general? I've never cooked with it before, and I've never hand pressed my own patties
>>
>>9162798
>Grass-fed beef
Fucking why? Corn feed is what gives meat that nice marbling. 90-10 beef is not suitable for burgers
>>
>>9163394
It's what was available and I hadn't heard of corn fed. The lady who was selling recommend using an oil of some sorts to help give it a more fatty taste
>>
form patties by hand, not too thick (under an inch thick), since otherwise the middle won't cook properly while the surface burns
salt and pepper the top and bottom and sides
fry on a pan or in a grill
wa la
>>
>>9163720
Butter is better if u have a very lean burger for the extra fat. When forming the patty just put small chunks of frozen butter into the meat and cook slow.
>>
>>9162798
>grass fed beef
Are these rare where you are ? What do you normally feed your cows ?
>>
>>9163394
I have never seen someone shill so hard for monsanto corn. Holy fuck.
>>
>>9163394
corn fed beef tastes like fucking shit americuck. nothing worse than the taste of beef permeating with the nauseating scent of corn fibres. absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
>>9163734
You can make very thick patties on stove top easily. You just have to cook on very low heat for longer. Best results if its 1 thick patty at a time. I do it all the time.
>>
>>9163720
don't listen to that idiot. corn fed beef is cheap shit only poor americucks eat.
do think the wagyu farmers feed their cows fucking corn? LOL. not even CAB farmers feed their cows that shit.
>>
>>9163793
They've been mounting a vigorous campaign recently. They must be pissed because they spent millions lobbying against the mandatory "Contains GMO" label on food and won, but the products labeled "non GMO" are btfo of those that don't say that. It backfired on them.
>>
>>9163811
I drop all products labelled as GMO.
The fuck do I want glyphosate resistant bacteria in my food for?

This is step 1. Step 2 is to get all the fucking chemicals out of our wheat.
>>
>>9163828
>I drop all products labelled as GMO

That was the point of their lobbying campaign against the bill that would have required that labelling. Congress of course bent over for them and the bill failed so no one labels their product as containing GMO's. However, manufacturers are labeling products as "non GMO" or "Does not contain GMO's" and those are out selling comparable products that contain GMO's and don't say anything.
>>
>>9163780
Yup! I bought some irish butter for that very reason. Thanks anon!

I will take pics as I cook
>>
File: 20170713_143530.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_143530.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Use a cast iron skillet, protip: open the window and have stove fan on.

Pic related, just made this burger this afternoon!
>>
>>9163828
Here's your (You). Don't spend it all in one place
>>
>>9162798
Those salsbury steaks look good OP.
>>
>>9163803
>>9163799
>americuck
You must be 18 to post on this site.

>>9163793
>everything I don't like is a shill
>>
>>9164915
>blood seeping from patty
>bacon on the bottom
>red onions over yellow
>literally falling apart
>no cheese
>not using fresh peppers
>ketchup ever
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.