[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you feel comfortable eating fish/seafood caught near urban

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: New York Fish.jpg (130KB, 934x1024px) Image search: [Google]
New York Fish.jpg
130KB, 934x1024px
Do you feel comfortable eating fish/seafood caught near urban areas, /ck/? Or do you worry about pollution/contaminants?
>>
>>9161740
Catch and release. Also that bass is sharp as fuck and you could easily cut open your hand just handling it.
>>
>>9161740
Certain urban areas, sure. The water around NYC that the Hudson empties into? FUCK no.
>>
>>9161740
In lake erie, no. But where I used to live, by the halifax river or the st. Johns river, yes
>>
You guys are so pessimistic, what if the factories make vitamins or something and the runoff actually makes you healthier?
>>
>>9161932
pcbs and dioxins don't make you healthy, but feel free to post george carlin and then tip your fedora
>>
>>9161740
I ate some striped bass pulled from Upper New York Bay last week.
>>
>>9161740
I see crabbing boats in the center harbor all the time during the winter. I want a list of every restaurant those crabs are sold to, so I will never eat there.
>>
>>9161740
Military activities along with gold rush mining ruined seafood in the SF bay area
>>
>>9164531
>>9162653
>>9161931
>>9161904
Sad! What could be done to make those beautiful bodies of water fishable again?
>>
>Eating anything that might have even touched water from the Hudson
Literally never
>>
File: sharktail.jpg (70KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
sharktail.jpg
70KB, 500x375px
Baltimoron here. I would never eat anything I knew came from Patapsco Bay, but I still see people fishing for keeps right off the harbor every day. I don't think there's any commercial fishing done in the area anymore (certainly no crabbing), but still.
>>
>>9161740
Who the fuck eats goldfish? Was this map made by a Korean?
>>
>>9161932
Exactly! Maybe the consumption could be so healthy as to promote extra cell growth! Or cancer as some people call it/you.
>>
>>9162653
>Centre Harbour
Where is this please?
>>
File: Double KEK to U my friend.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
Double KEK to U my friend.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>9161987
>but feel free to post george carlin and then tip your fedora
I lost it
>>
>>9164782
Sorry, wrote that when I was tired. In New York City.
>>9164554
Kill all humans, let the system flush itself out for a few millennia. NYC and the Hudson River is particularly foul, due to a century of industry dumping right into the river. GE had a plant near the very source of the river, and that alone is responsible for polluting the entire expanse with PCBs, dioxins, Mercury, etc.
A lot of that settles in the sediments along the river and harbor floor. Don't eat bottom feeders.
>>
>>9161740
I'm british. There IS no 'away from urban areas', but we take care of our waters a lot better than the third world.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.