[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does a wooden spoon make a curry more enjoyable/better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Does a wooden spoon make a curry more enjoyable/better? Also is curry a soup
>>
>>9161311
curry is a stew, is stew a soup?
>>
What defines a soup? Is consomme a soup?
>>
>>9161311
How fucking stupid are you ?
>>
>>9161568
No
cereal is soup, whereas oatmeal is stew
>>
>>9161601
>>9161568
So is my diarrea soup aswell?
>>
>>9161311
What so you mean? Do you infuse the wooden spoon into the curry and take it out later? Or do you break it up in little pieces and mix it all in? Is this a common thing?
>>
>>9161609
Your diarrhea is a stew.
>>
gravy
>>
>>9161311
Since this is a thread about ccurry:

I made like a gallon of penang curry tonight, and it's super fucking spicy. Is there anything I can do to maintain the flavor of my curry as I eat it over the next week and keep it from destroying my bowels?

In other words, how can I make it less spicy? Just add coconut milk?
>>
>>9161712

its all gravy baby

i mean really all of these things are just different kinds of turkeys anyway
>>
>>9161726
Stir in some curd or plain yoghurt. You don't need that much.
>>
>>9161474
Is soup flavored water?
>>
>>9161311
Curry is a gravy.
>>
>>9162039
Jesus christ here we go.
>>
More to the point. What's the difference between a soup and a broth? What's a thin soup with large chunks in it called? What's a thick soup with pulses called?
>>
File: soup.jpg (297KB, 1627x915px) Image search: [Google]
soup.jpg
297KB, 1627x915px
>>9161311
>Also is curry a soup

I put curry paste in my lentil and potato soup, does that make it a curry?
>>
Curry is at its best when its cooked in a wooden saucepan
>>
>>9161311
yes but only when the wooden spoon is freshly killed and put in raw
ume delicia!
>>
>>9161726
Nothing you add can neutralize/eliminate the spiciness. All you can do is dilute it out. This will make your curry less flavorful since I'm assuming the spice is coming from your curry paste itself. Try to add a little of all the other shit (coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, lime leaf, etc.) so the flavor doesn't disappear.
>>
File: 1452540806273.jpg (83KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1452540806273.jpg
83KB, 640x479px
>>9161311
>curry
>>
>>9164857

Dairy products can neutralize the heat. That works because the casein in the dairy chemically binds to the capsaicin.

The problem is that dairy often doesn't go well with the dish in question.
>>
>>9164898
I don't think it works that way. Yes, casein (a milk protein) does bind to capsaicin, but it doesn't neutralize it. Dairy is only useful for when your mouth is on fire from eating something spicy. The casien binds up the capsaicin and washes it away. I'm afraid that adding it to a curry doesn't remove the capsaicin.
>>
>>9161726

Just add coconut milk, or better yet, make coconut jasmine rice (basically just make rice using mostly or all coconut milk instead of water).

That way you enjoy the full, spicy flavor of the curry, but then you have it with coconut rice which cuts the spiciness immediately.
>>
>>9161726
Alternate between large portions of rice and prayer
>>
>>9161648
What about vomit?
>>
>>9165190
i'ts a cottage
>>
>>9164160
no but this looks good
>>
>>9163726
broth is like lettuce
soup is like salad
>>
>>9165196

It is good. Mostly it was a simple/fast dinner, though.

1. Saute onions, celery, carrot, in an Instant Pot
2. Deglaze with a little lemon juice and water, stir in garam masala, and let it simmer until the water evaporates and it starts to stick
3. Add more water, stir in Better than Bouillon chicken base b/c too lazy to make stock properly, stir in marmite because it's less guilty than straight MSG, stir in ton of green curry paste (the kind with lemongrass)
4. Add chopped yellow potatoes and a bunch of green lentils
5. Put lid on Instant Pot and set to soup for 30 minutes
6. Depressure and remove lid, add a block of frozen spinach and set to saute, stir occasionally until spinach is cooked
7. Add giant pat of butter
8. More salt if needed
9. ????
10. Profit
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.