[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes these such a pain in the ass to make? Any tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: macaron.jpg (116KB, 900x801px) Image search: [Google]
macaron.jpg
116KB, 900x801px
What makes these such a pain in the ass to make?

Any tips for a first timer?
>>
>>9160678
prepare to fail. alot. these things take practice (i.e. failing over and over again) to get down
>>
What are they little hamburger cookies?
>>
>>9160774
>Hamburger cookies
Americans everyone
>>
>>9160678
are these supposed to be fucking pretty patties from spongebob?
>>
>>9160678
Pretty patties?
>>
>>9160788
I'm actually australian you funboy faggot
>>
I can't stand these fucking things. It's literally just eating sugar. Make something better instead.
>>
>>9160791
>>9160793
>These niggas have never eaten a macaron
>>
>>9160822
The french president?
>>
There are dozens of easier, and better tasting meringue cookies out there. If you really need help, try looking up a recipe on youtube. Apparently a lot of the steps that are required for perfect macarons are totally bunk (like leaving them out for a half hour to dry out the top so the feet will form while baking - you don't need to do that, or rotate the pans halfway through baking unless your oven is heating patchy)

The only crucial parts are the measurements of ingredients and the macaronage.
>>
>>9160788

> dur hur, I have no idea who invented macaroons

Eurpoor so fucking poor, they don't even recognize nor can afford their own luxuries anymore.

lol
>>
>>9160839
Meringue cookies better and easier than macarons? Which ones?
>>
>>9160825
Kek
>>
Has chef John done a macaron recipe?
>>
>>9160848
wow. a violent reply
>>
>>9160678
OH SHIT IT'S A PRETTY PATTY.
>>
https://youtu.be/V_TbwNlPqP8
>>
>>9160848
>lol
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>9160678
maybe ask emanuel macaron xDDD hehe
>>
>>9163164
I was just thinking that
>>
The biggest problem is that there seems to be thousands of recipes with different ratios. You also need to use a weight and measure precisely. Also you got to find good almond flour. Use old egg whites too.
>>
File: kek.jpg (102KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
102KB, 800x600px
>>9160825
>>
read multiple recipes and try to identify the common threads. Really the only thing it takes is mistakes and practice.

Many things that change the outcome are entirely circumstantial and it requires a developed intuition
>>
>>9160678
Pretty patties?
>>
>>9160678
Reddit: the food
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.