[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this as bland as it seems? I see Americano at cafes all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Americano_ingredients.jpg (28KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
Americano_ingredients.jpg
28KB, 250x357px
Is this as bland as it seems? I see Americano at cafes all the time but I can't imagine anyone ever buying a $5 cup of watery espresso.
>>
>>9160113
yeah
>>
it's pretty much regular coffee. lots of places just brew espresso and water it down instead of brewing both espresso and normal coffee. i haven't seen any places that charge more than regular coffee prices for americano, though.
>>
File: 1205281.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1205281.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>9160113
>watery espresso
what do you think a coffee is?
>>
>>9160113
i only get an americano if i want a ''normal'' cup of coffee when i'm in a country that will give you instant coffee
>>
File: 1499486042080.jpg (219KB, 501x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499486042080.jpg
219KB, 501x600px
I drink Americanos regularly.

Across different coffee shops, the drip coffee varies widely (bitter, tart, weird, sometimes decent). But Americanos tend to come out close to the same.
>>
Nowadays they're the only thing I buy from coffee shops. Not so much for the taste but the calorie content.
>>
>>9160128
seed broth soup
>>
>>9160152
Pearl>Marina
>>
It's the only thing I order, because I only drink coffee when I really need it.
>>
File: 1499470398384.png (145KB, 779x832px) Image search: [Google]
1499470398384.png
145KB, 779x832px
>>9160410
Obvious lie.
>>
>>9160113
>Is this as bland as it seems?

Well it has more flavour than a latte or cappuccino. They often seem way too milky for me.

I drink black instant coffee at home a lot so its more normal for me I guess?
>>
Reddit coffe
>>
>>9160113
I like the taste of americanos better than that of the "house coffee" at most places. I wouldn't buy one if it cost more than ~50 cents over the cost of just getting an equivalent amount of coffee or espresso though.
>>
It fucking sucks. Had to buy it when I did a year at a uni in the UK.
Used to strong Swedish drip coffee so ended up ordering 4-5 shots of espresso to a small cup.

1-2 shots and you just had boiling water with some slight coffee flavour.
>>
>>9160113
It's how to approximate the taste of drip coffee if you only have an espresso machine.
>>
>>9160113
sometimes its not so much the coffee you're buying but a hot cup of pick-me-up that you can sip on more than an espresso
>>
>>9160113
The Americano was invented during the Allied invasion of Italy in WWII as a result of American troops wanting something analogous to the drip coffee they were used to in a country whose primary method of drinking coffee was by way of an espresso machine.
>>
It's not bad, but a daily roast drip from Starbucks is much better due to being roasted lighter for drip instead of dark espresso roast that releases a bunch of oil for the foam people like it to have.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.